Flags and quotations in svcpack.inf - how?

Hi,

I'm trying to include .Net framework v2.0 (KB829019) in my unattended build but with no joy. My 'build' generates an entry in svcpack.inf of the form:

dotnetfx.exe /q:a /c:"install /l /q"

But when this entry is executed the quotes get removed and hence the command fails (confirmed by replacing dotnetfx.exe with cmdline.exe (a little AutoIt script that displays the raw command line).

So before I waste any time on [another] wrapper my question is - "Is it possible to include such entries in svcpack.inf and if so how do you escape the quotes such that they are preserved?"

Adv Thanks ance

hmm, only other thing i can think of then is

dotnetfx.exe /q:a /c:"""install /l /q"""

As that's what it'd be in a standard INF. I remember seeing it done before, i just forget exactly what it was. Try searching for SVCPACK and dotnetfx and it might bring up the right result.

"dotnetfx.exe /q:a /c:""install /l /q"""

That is the proper syntax. Now you can overcome the problem of installing DotNet from SVCPACK.INF ...

THERE IT IS! Of course the man i saw it from would come by and post it :P Long time no see

That is the proper syntax. Now you can overcome the problem of installing DotNet from SVCPACK.INF ...

So it is possible to install framework 2.0 from svcpack.inf, isn't it? Or you mean he can try to overcome the problem? :)

Edited by Vadikan

Alas this doesn't work - Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0: x86 (KB829019) is still listed when I run Windows Update. So into RunOnceEx it must go :(

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.