PHOTOSHOP 7

Solomon

Yes PS7 is more responsive than ps8 or ps9, i've tried them all and of course some of the new features are great but i'm used to applications that respond instantly. In ps9 for example, you actually see the levels dialog being drawn vs. just appearing. Version 7 epitomizes functional software. The onscreen redraw of the newer versions is the culprit. I'm shocked to see adobe quite silent to this known flaw. No updates yet.

My hardware is 4Gig PC3200, matrox P750, 3gig P4 Northwood. I'm considering an AMD X2 proc, but all the matx motherboards with 4 ddr sticks use pcie graphic slots, forcing me to abandon my P750. I'm quite p***ed about having to uprade my graphic card as well. But if I go 64 bit this is what I must do.

This is why I raised the question about 64bit support for version 7, they will have to include a must have feature in future versions of ps for me to switch. Maybe the 64 bit version of ps will be more responsive.

by the way, if anyone out there is not using directory opus as their file manager "you are living in darkness" This program annihalates everything else in existence.