[error] iTouch not compatable with xp?

anoxan

I just reinstalled xp 'cause itouch wouldn't install on 2k3. well, that's not the only reason, but anyway..

I try to install iTouch and get this:

untitled17pf1.jpg

maybe I removed something in nLite that itouch requires..but this never happened before.

could anyone shed some light on this?

thank you

ok, it was a long shot, but I tried the logitech user's forums.

this worked for me

cybertronic, you should try this too:

Yes, I have the same problem with a clean new install of Windows XP SP2. So I decompiled the install shield installation script using a third party program and did some snooping around. This is only a guess, but I think SP2 introduced a registry key called "Wow6432Node" under the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software -tree. Normally 64-bit Windows XP uses this to run 32-bit software.

Itouch setup program checks for this key -- again -- this is only a guess, but I think because of this key Itouch thinks it's running on 64-bit XP and refuses to install itself.

So, a quick and dirty way around this problem is:

Before you launch the itouch setup program go to windows registry editor and rename the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node to something else like from "Wow6432Node" to "aWow6432Node"

And then start the setup program. Install itouch software and after the installation just go back to registry editor and rename the "aWow6432Node" key back to normal "Wow6432Node" and your done.

I just did this and everything seems to be working just fine. Of course, before you rush to edit your registry keys please make backup of the key, or create a Windows XP restoration point before editing. Just incase...

source: http://forums.logitech.com/pe/forums/displ...postID=10154485

Edited by anoxan