Croc not running under XP

bjorland

My wife installed Croc on WinXP, and played it no problem, then I saw that it was playing in Software mode. I then tried the get it to run on the Voodoo 2(using windows 2000 beta drivers), but it gives me a error message saying there is something wrong with glide2x.dll. If you choose Win98/95 compatibility mode, the screen is just blank. No I wonder if this is the same with other older Glide games.:erm:

The issue is probably with your voodoo card as the games runs fine in software mode. If you have a 3DFX Voodoo card they are only basic drivers from Microsoft that support it and do not give you complete functionality of graphics capability. My first suggestion would be to give yourself a Christmas gift and buy a a XP compatiable graphics card such as Nvidia or ATI. THe second option is to download most current driver which you can find at www.voodoofiles.com.

Good Luck

Well i wasent sure was kind of Vodoo2 card your was so here are some links....

(1)banshee

http://www.voodoofiles.com/getit.asp?id=48...=21&s=878668279

(2)Vodoo2(for win200 but most likely will work for XP)

http://www.voodoofiles.com/getit.asp?id=16...=21&s=878668279

If i dident find the right one for you look here......

http://www.voodoofiles.com/type.asp?cat_id=0

the problem with 2dfx..is that they dont exist anymore ..so drivers are mostly written by random coders...so be warry...i would recomend geting a new card..either the new Ati 8500 or a good gforce 3

good luck

-drew

for the link, but those drivers I already have, and I have a Nvidia in my my machine and the creative voodoo2 12MB as second for some of the games that still run on Glide, as for I find Glide is still very much faster than D3D or OpenGL. Croc only have five options to choose from, software mode, some old Matrox and S3 card, Ati Rage, and I think there is a Nvidia card also in there. Tried all of them, on the Voodoo & Nvidia cards, non of the options work except Software mode.

O yes, I also downloaded one of the latests glide wrappers that works very well on Nvidia cards, installed it and it also didn't work. Funny enough, it gave me the same error saying there is something wrong with glide2x.dll. Now if I copy glide3x.dll into the directory, do you think it will work. Somehow XP doesn't like this file glide2x.dll.

I am running a Voodoo 5500 PCI card and run CROC utilizing the card. It's great! No problems. Actually the only problem I have is that I have to adjust settings on my card for it to provide the performance it gave me in the 9x/ME platforms. Can you say Nvidia GeForce 3 for XMAS.

I live in South Africa where the exchange rates is not the most friendliest towards us here, so the Geforce 3 is a bit expensive here. Anyway, the Geforce can't run Glide, so that won't help me, and you have a voodoo 5, where as there is nice XP drivers out for it, where there is no Xp drivers for the Voodoo2, only Beta W2K drivers. This totally sucks, because the Voodoo2 was a massive cards in its days and I can't believe that people are just letting it die quietly.

I This totally sucks, because the Voodoo2 was a massive cards in its days and I can't believe that people are just letting it die quietly. [/quote:257dfc78b6]

sorry to drop this on you..but the Vodoo2 died alog time ago:D..as for the drivers...your lucky they have any new ones at all...Nvida bought them and drivers have pretty much stoped for the older voodoo series. Just take what you can get with the 3rd party stuff.

good luck with the card

-drew