VMware NIC w/Vista?

SonarSubs

After installing Vista on VMware, I used the Install VMware Tools option. This installed the VM Mouse, VM VGA, and SUPPOSEDLY the VMware NIC driver to use with NAT networking as the previous versions of Windows run without problems. But Vista does not recognize the VMware NIC that is loaded. Any tips?

Anyone successfully connected to the internet with Vista via WMware?

Edited by SonarSubs

After installing Vista on VMware, I used the Install VMware Tools option. This installed the VM Mouse, VM VGA, and SUPPOSEDLY the VMware NIC driver to use with NAT networking as the previous versions of Windows run without problems. But Vista does not recognize the VMware NIC that is loaded. Any tips?

Anyone successfully connected to the internet with Vista via WMware?

I made a clean install on one machine and it works like a champ, only sound drivers are missing...

Tommorow I'll install it on VMware, I'll give you result here :)

VMWare 5.5 with NAT connectivity to XP Pro SP 2 running Vista works fine here.

Host OS is a DHCP client on a LAN NAT'd to the Internet.

NIC & display adapters appear fine in Device Manager when VMWare Tools is installed, just the audio adapter doesn't get a driver by default.

When you installed VMWare Tools, did Windows Defender kick in and block 2 or 3 actions that require approval? That might have prevented some necessary registry modifications.