Installing December CTP

SonarSubs

Using VMWARE, I am installing Vista on a 10GB space, IDE. It keeps saying it cannot install in this partition or not enough space. How much do I need? Is this going to work in VM environment, or am I going to have to dual boot? My next attempt is on a 40GB HD. I'll let you know what happens...

Using VMWARE, I am installing Vista on a 10GB space, IDE. It keeps saying it cannot install in this partition or not enough space. How much do I need? Is this going to work in VM environment, or am I going to have to dual boot? My next attempt is on a 40GB HD. I'll let you know what happens...

10 gigs should be more that enough for Vista installation.... :unsure:

yes i realize now the min req is 9GB. I had to allocate 12GB BEFORE booting Vista in VMware5.0 because it wont configure the RAW format to NFTS. the readme file on the root directory mentions the need to allocate the partition before installing Vista or it wont recognize the drive.

@SonarSubs: is your avatar really what I think it is????

It is an avatar of a lady's hand on a mouse. Nothing risque' about that.... However, those who think they see something else and have to take a second glance, are naughtier than I for thinking about it!!! :w00t:

Edited by SonarSubs

@SonarSubs: is your avatar really what I think it is????

It is an avatar of a lady's hand on a mouse. Nothing risque' about that.... However, those who think they see something else and have to take a second glance, are naughtier than I for thinking about it!!! :w00t:

Pink hand, pink mouse, pink mouse pad...what was I supposed to think it was?!?

Ok, now I see the mouse, but just barely.