File associations with a .REG file?

How i do :

Use TuneUp WinStyler from TuneUp Utilites 2006, change all icons and before i hit apply to change the icons i take snapshot of the registry, then hit apply and take the 2nd shot, result :

I think any icon changer prog. will do ;)

Anyone?

I'd like to set my own icons for association with .BMP files and so forth using a registry entry.

Go into the registry and navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.BMP and take note of what the association is that the .BMP extension is linked to. In mine, it is linked to Paint.Picture. So I would navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Paint.Picture, and under DefaultIcon key, modify the default value for this registry key to whatever icon you want to represent this extension. Under Shell subkey is where all the commands to call external commands are stored (not sure about special extensions, though). Shell\Open\Command is where the command to start handling the file you double-clicked on is stored. I hope this helps!

EDIT: Sorry.... forgot that this is the UNATTENDED section. Make sure you export the registry changes for the section you are editing so that the registry file you created can be imported.

Edited by dougiefresh