About: uSP 5.1 ~ [build 16]

-I-

have to dis-agrea here,

in short = ms Malware removal tool IS NOT a securty patch

but a 1 time only self-deleting program,

so there is in fact nothing to be slipstreamed - there is 1 possible litle trick you could pull,

you could create a dialog (with a windows critical warning, that they should run MS-MRT from the windows update site

have to dis-agrea here,

in short = ms Malware removal tool IS NOT a securty patch

but a 1 time only self-deleting program,

so there is in fact nothing to be slipstreamed - there is 1 possible litle trick you could pull,

you could create a dialog (with a windows critical warning, that they should run MS-MRT from the windows update site

Yeah just registry key. ;)

That works. :yes:

im also thinking of rewriting the welcome to windows stuf,

that appears on startup with new users...

but only if enouth people would like such a thing

(or think it could be usefull).

it probebly would be containing:

> a link to this support forums,

> links to other usefull resources (for windows 2000),

> some notes about the updated files.

and of caurce the - where not liable, and this may brake the MS EULA for your product. etc. etc.

i just installed Unofficial SP5.1 but windows still says im using sp4 when i check in system properties i also tryed to slipstream it in to a cd install of win2k using Nlite everything seems to go alright but when i close nlite and open it again it still says that its win2k sp4 any ideas on how to fix this??

Hey,

i just installed Unofficial SP5.1 but windows still says im using sp4 when i check in system properties
He did not change the system properties text on purpose. Ask him why. ;) I believe mainly to not confuse members. See below as well...
i also tryed to slipstream it in to a cd install of win2k using Nlite everything seems to go alright but when i close nlite and open it again it still says that its win2k sp4 any ideas on how to fix this??

This is an unofficial sp5 not a real sp5 so it still says sp4.

Again he did this on purpose. I believe mainly as to not break compatibility with windows update, as WU would think your running a newer version of win2k and not offer any updates if I understand that correctly. Again ask him for more details. ;)

Well hope that at least gives you an idea. :P

Take Care,

Will

Edited by war59312

not just 'an' idea but THE idea. - sorry im not going to try and find his orriginal post about this in the 62pages counting USP5 thread of where it al started :D. - but yes it is exactly to prevent it from messing up windows update as wouldn't validate your windows and thus not update it.