Remote Shutdown Software

BioGuyver

Hi All,

I have searched the forums but forgive me if I missed this info elsewhere.

I am looking for a piece of software that is easy to use and possibly intergrates with AD for managment of shutting down and starting up machines on my network. It would be great if I could just create lists of all the machines on my network and then reboot or wakeup certain areas on demand. Seeing all the active machines on the network would be a bonus. I don't mind if I have to distribute a client to the machines to talk to a server package.

Any Help would be great.

Thanks

Bio

SysInternals has a freeware command-line utility similar (I think) to what you are looking for. PSSHUTDOWN.exe is a small executable run from the command line (save to system folder). There are several switchable options, plus it can be run from a txt file list of PC's.

http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/PsShutdown.html

Wake on Lan (WOL) utilities can usually be found with a simple google search, but keep in mind that often WOL service has to be turned on in the bios of the target computer.

Thanks for the info. Yes the PSTools offer some good services but not what I am looking for.

I was really hoping to have something that could tell me about all the machines on the network either by retrieving that info from AD or by me giving it a CSV file full of info. I want to be able to select 10 machines and just shut them down or start them up if they are off. Hence the need for it to be GUI based really so I can just click the machines I want to control.

I haven't seen anything that fits this at the mo and I guess from the lack of suggestions on here there probably isn't anything.

Thanks

Bio

• 2 weeks later...