Installing Fonts (Need Help)

Copy all into XPCD\$OEM$\$$\Fonts

Then in Cleanup.cmd add a line like this

REG ADD HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Runonce /V RegisterFonts /D "%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e,/root,%systemroot%\Fonts"
Thats all 1 line

That will open the Fonts folder on Reboot and you just close the folder. By opening it they will Auto register

Simple but effective

Edited by maxXPsoft

Or add the reg key :)

Font name: Kabel Book BT

Font type: TrueType

Filename: Kabeln.ttf

reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts" /v "Kabel Book BT ^(TrueType^)" /d Kabeln.ttf

The ^ is an escape character for the parentheses from the cmd prompt

Or add the reg key :)

Font name: Kabel Book BT

Font type: TrueType

Filename: Kabeln.ttf

reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts" /v "Kabel Book BT ^(TrueType^)" /d Kabeln.ttf

The ^ is an escape character for the parentheses from the cmd prompt

He said he has a whole lot of them and can you imagine what pain that would be to do that for each and every one? Be easier to export that reg location HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts and add it to his cleanup.cmd along with the file copy above

Edited by maxXPsoft

He said he has a whole lot of them and can you imagine what pain that would be to do that for each and every one? Be easier to export that reg location HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts and add it to his cleanup.cmd along with the file copy above

Of course you can use a regfile to import them, that was mainly to show the entry path.

Either way beats opening/closing fonts folder. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I used to do things this way but since then I have created an installer. An installer will copy the fonts and register them with the system. Also in compiling the installer the fonts get compressed - saves space on my UXPCD. The installer also creates an listing in the AddRemove Programs control panel. This is nice if you ever want to clean out old fonts and install a new set i.e have several installers for different font packs list windings, formal fonts, fun fonts ....

This installer process has worked so well I do it for other things as well like wallpaper and so on. Once you get the basic installer setup its easy to copy it and then modify for something else. All of my installers also support silent installs. Once you create you own pakages you wont go back.