[Help] - Booting off a SCSI Drive Problem!

~VINTAGE~

Hi folks new here :) My problem is im using this Sil 0680 ATA-133 Medley Raid Controller and i have my CD and DVD burners attached to it for another purpose and my CD/DVD burners show up as SCSI drives so the problem i have there is i cannot boot a CD at startup now coz i can't boot from a SCSI drive!Is there anyway around this apart from pluging my drives back into the main board? Theres is no option in the Dell bios A07 to boot from a SCSI drive or controller!

I noticed this while trying to boot off my Installation CD to install another OS! I cant even boot from my acronis recovery CD!! I have no other problems other than i cant boot from a CD at startup because there all SCSI Drives?

Thanks in advance :)

Title Edited - Please follow new posting rules from now on.

--Zxian

Edited by Zxian

Thankyou for the quick reply jondercik, I never thought of that hmmm, Sorry for my newbness but what do you mean by hooking it up to the motherboard interface? If you mean hooking the drives back up to the IDE slot on the mainboard then thats a no go right now!!! :(

Edit: just thought id add i can burn from them no problem its just i cant boot from them!

Edited by ~VINTAGE~

• 4 weeks later...

With a different mobo you can boot from the Sil0680 card. Like I do, but I have set a SIL STRIPPED SET with 2xHDD in RAID 0. But if I put a CDROM or DVDROM connected to that card I can boot from the SCSI device. Its no problem. Maybe you should take a look on the manufacturer website for a new BIOS for your mobo.(maybe they've been added this function).