Universal Extractor

nitro322

I have uploaded samples for .daa (PowerISO) and .uif (MagicISO) formats:

Cool, thanks. I'll download them and check them out, but keep in mind that support (if possible) won't be added until the next version.

Sorry I've been away for so long - other things keep coming up, and I haven't been able to spend any time on Universal Extractor. However, like all of you, I'm also tired of waiting for the 1.6 release. :-)

I just uploaded a release candidate for version 1.6. Please download, test, and report back what you find out. If everything looks good, then I'll repackage with the proper artwork, update the main page for the final release, and call it done. If you find any problems, please report them here (or in the separate "bugs" thread that I'm going to create) and I'll try to knock them out ASAP.

At this point I have two goals - find/fix any bugs, release final version. That's it. No new features, no new formats, etc. I really need to get the final version of 1.6 out as-is, and everything else can added in the next version.

I'd greatly appreciate any and all help in testing this. I haven't messed with this too much myself lately, so having some other eyes on it is essential at this point. Please test the following, in particular:

• installer - does everything work as it should, including the new 1.6 options?
  • vista support - the installer should fully support Vistal w/ admin privileges; non-admins should use the noinst version
  • noinst archive - this should be preconfigured to work in a "portable" environment
  • general extraction - this should be pretty obvious, but as I said, it's been a while since I've used it. Please test with a number of different (supported) filetypes and make sure it behaves like it should.

Aside from miscellaneous bug fixes or tweaks, here are the changes from the 1.6 beta release:

Added support for DiscJuggler CDI CD-ROM images via cdirip.exe
Added support for LZX compressed files via unlzx
Added support for RoboForm installers
Added Croatian, Dutch, and Taiwanese translations
Fixed bug in InstallShield CAB file support; now properly extracts files
with spaces in the filename
Fixed support for (non-tar) gzip files
Updated Inno Setup support for increased detection reliability
Updated Inno Setup support to extract all files, including renamed duplicates
Updated UHARC support to detect and extract SFX files
Updated installer to require Windows NT-based systems; 9x will not work
Updated 7-Zip to 4.57
Updated AutoIt to 3.2.10.0
Updated innounp to 0.20
Updated Inno Setup to 5.2.2
Updated UnRAR to 3.80
Updated UPX to 3.03
Updated bin2iso to 1.95

And finally, download links:

Installer: http://uniextract.c1pher.com/uniextract16rc.exe

Standalone: http://uniextract.c1pher.com/uniextract16rc_noinst.rar

Please let me know how it works for you.

thank you so much for the new version ! It's very useful! I will test, and report back what I find out! thanks for your Great work!!

I just released the final version of Universal Extractor 1.6. You can find more info and download links in the Universal Extractor Latest Version thread.

I'm also locking this thread. It's been a hell of a ride, but after 3 years and 872 posts, I figure it's time to let it rest. :-) Now that we have our own subforum, let's take advantage of it. Bug reports and features requests should go into the pinned threads, and feel free to start a new thread for anything else.

Enjoy the new version.