[Question] XP Hangs before Logon

hougtimo

Hi,

I have XP Professional, and it has taken a liking to hanging just before the logon box appears. I just get a black screen and it will hang for about 1-2 minutes there. I have a feeling it is to do with some service i disabled, but not sure which ones would have this effect (it isnt plug&play service, which i know has that effect).

Also if i log off the current user it does the same thing before displaying the logon box again, its really annoying, so any help is greatly appreciated. Also, re-installing isnt an option, so please dont suggest it! :P

Thanks in Advance

HougTimo :thumbup

Wouldn't know which one it is. Since you know that it is something that is disabled, what you should do is enable all of them and checking to see if it still does the same thing. if it doesn't then make a list and slowly disable one or two of them at a time and restarting your computer or logging off until you find the one that caused it. if your lucky you might find it on the first few tries. If not you may have to repeat the process for a while.

Edited by Blade_yaj