Office 2003 reinstall=all SP2 error 1935

chiners_68

Hi Guys,

Right, i have an administrative install of office 2003 which has SP1 + some updates on. i have applied the full SP2 to this install lovcation. when I run a client reinstall from this source now to update it I get an Error 1935.

How can I get round this so my reinstall=all updates the clients without a problem. i have trued a fresh install source & applied SP2 & redownloaded sp2 incase it was a bady copy but still get the problem.

If I do a fresh install from the install source with SP2 it installs fine. Just wont update an exisitng client.

office_2003_error.bmp

thanks.

this command wont effect my initial install with the mst will it?????

REINSTALLMODE=vomu Triggers the recache and reinstallation on the client computer.

Just looked in my batch file & I already have that command..

REINSTALL=All REINSTALLMODE=vomus /qb+ SHORTFILENAMES=1

back to square 1

anyone more Ideas? Anyone...

Hi Guys,

Right, i have an administrative install of office 2003 which has SP1 + some updates on. i have applied the full SP2 to this install lovcation. when I run a client reinstall from this source now to update it I get an Error 1935.

How can I get round this so my reinstall=all updates the clients without a problem. i have trued a fresh install source & applied SP2 & redownloaded sp2 incase it was a bady copy but still get the problem.

If I do a fresh install from the install source with SP2 it installs fine. Just wont update an exisitng client.

Chiners, I've applied SP2 to an Admin Install with SP1 and some hotfixes and I've been able to install it fine without errors. I think what you can do is run the "Save my settings wizard", remove office completely, install your SP2 version and import back your settings.

Fresh installs are better and cleaner than installs over previous installs, in my opinion.