[Error] - Unable to connect to Logical Disk Manager service

BigDaddy

Try this:

1. Rename %windir%\system32\clbcatq.dll to %windir%\system32\~clbcatq.dll. Note the tilde "~" at the start of the file name.

Completed your guide to the letter but my problem still isnt fixed :(

1. Check the NTFS permissions on the DCOM object itself

2. If you can find the AppID for the CLSID listed in the event viewer, you should be able to find what application it is and try re-registering the .exe's in DCOM.

3. Check the DCOM NTFS permissions specific to the application.

Re-read the thread and found out that the above mentioned tips I have yet to try. Perhaps that will fix the error.

But how do I get about doing them?

• 1 month later...
dcomcnfg is the Component manager. You can modify DCOM permissions there.

finally got back to my dusty WinXP install, I use LINUX most of the time.

I launched "dcomcnfg"

But what now?? I mean which option should I check...

Open dcomcnfg, go to Computers > My Computer > Dcom Config, and right-click Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service and select properties. If you've got another (working) machine you can check all settings against that, otherwsie check another DCOM component (such as Automatic Updates) to check settings against.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...

This could be any number of things - NTFS permissions have been locked down on the files in question, dll's may have become unregistered or corrupted, or the actual Logical Disk Manager service failed to start or is hung in a starting or stopping state.

You can do the following for the above issues:

1. Check the NTFS permissions on the DCOM object itself

2. If you can find the AppID for the CLSID listed in the event viewer, you should be able to find what application it is and try re-registering the .exe's in DCOM.

3. Try stopping and starting the Logical Disk Manager and Logical Disk Manager Administration services

4. Disable startup items and services via msconfig or autoruns and see if the problem returns after a reboot

6. Uncheck the "Allow Service to Interact with Desktop" within the RPC service and reboot if it is checked.

7. Check the DCOM NTFS permissions specific to the application.

If al else fails, read KB193888 on the Microsoft site to try and delay the service from starting:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=193888

Good luck.

pls help me . how to do the 1 , 2 & 7 th step pls help me :no: