problem with $oem$

hello all,

sorry, im having a problem with the oem distribution folders. i created the unattend.txt and renamed it to winnt.sif and put it into the i386 folder. i created the $oem$ folder and put it at the root of the cd with i386 not in i386. i created a cmdlines.txt and put it into $oem$ folder.

cmdlines.txt reads:

[COMMANDS]

".\RunOnceEx.CMD"

i also put the runonceex.cmd file inside the $oem$ folder and then i edited the winnt.sif file to have the following commands:

OemPreinstall = Yes

OemFilesPath="..\$OEM$"

Application path is $oem$\Apps\

but when i create an iso and run it in vmware, it doesn't install the apps? i dont know what im doing wrong, and any help would be appreciated.

thanks for reading and and help you can offer.

P.S. happy thanksgiving all!

Briar

OemFilesPath="..\$OEM$"

You assume that this is correct as you think the point of reference is from I386 ?

Setup default looks for $OEM$ in the root of a CD so your addressing is perhaps invalid.

Just remove that whole line and let setup run with the default.

hello all,

sorry, im having a problem with the oem distribution folders. i created the unattend.txt and renamed it to winnt.sif and put it into the i386 folder. i created the $oem$ folder and put it at the root of the cd with i386 not in i386. i created a cmdlines.txt and put it into $oem$ folder.

cmdlines.txt reads:

[COMMANDS]

".\RunOnceEx.CMD"

i also put the runonceex.cmd file inside the $oem$ folder and then i edited the winnt.sif file to have the following commands:

OemPreinstall = Yes

OemFilesPath="..\$OEM$"

Application path is $oem$\Apps\

but when i create an iso and run it in vmware, it doesn't install the apps? i dont know what im doing wrong, and any help would be appreciated.

thanks for reading and and help you can offer.

P.S. happy thanksgiving all!

Briar

Better remove your key !!!!!!!!!!!

sorry if that was a problem, its just a placeholder while im doing some testing. when i finally get all this down pat, i build it correctly with the correct information. But anyway, very observant people! at least i know you're paying attention. :)

cheers, briar