Outlook 2003 Mangling HTML emails received.

Synomenon

I'm having a little problem with Outlook 2003. Everytime I receive emails with HTML, graphics, links, etc., it comes in mangled. All the html is in the form of hyperlinks. For example, I receive email promos from Newegg.com and whenever that comes in, all the pictures are links to the pictures instead of the actual pictures being displayed. Also, the actual product links in the email show the full url in blue instead of just how it really is (the name of the product shown is a clickable link to the product). Does anyone know how to fix this?

Edited by IsLNdbOi

have you got your mail to read all in plain text or ms word rich text instead of html as this can effect the look.

for safety your better to use plain as less able to receive dodgy hidden code.

I'm pretty sure I don't have it set to plain text or rich text, but how do I check to make sure? I'm not concerned about the "safety". I have enough email scanners to keep me safe.

Hi there, Microsoft with one of their security patches took away that ability, it is to allow you to prevent scripts from running - E-mail attachment security Prevents users from accessing several file types when sent as e-mail attachments. Affected file types include executables, batch files, and other file types that contain executable code often used by malicious hackers to spread viruses

Object Model Guard Prompts users with a dialog box when an external program attempts to access their Outlook Address Book or send e-mail on their behalf, which is how insidious viruses such as ILOVEYOU spread.

Heightened Outlook default security settings Increase the default Internet security zone setting within Outlook from "Internet" to "restricted sites."

If you have 2003 here is a link http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistan...3264181033.aspx but it is easier to just right click the x and download the picture, especially from a trusted source, than having to deal with cleaning up the spyware that will affect you later...

Hi there, Microsoft with one of their security patches took away that ability, it is to allow you to prevent scripts from running - E-mail attachment security Prevents users from accessing several file types when sent as e-mail attachments. Affected file types include executables, batch files, and other file types that contain executable code often used by malicious hackers to spread viruses

Object Model Guard Prompts users with a dialog box when an external program attempts to access their Outlook Address Book or send e-mail on their behalf, which is how insidious viruses such as ILOVEYOU spread.

Heightened Outlook default security settings Increase the default Internet security zone setting within Outlook from "Internet" to "restricted sites."

If you have 2003 here is a link http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistan...3264181033.aspx but it is easier to just right click the x and download the picture, especially from a trusted source, than having to deal with cleaning up the spyware that will affect you later...

That really doesn't help me. I don't care for all these "security" and "safety" measures Microsoft put into Outlook 2003 updates. I have good virus, adware / spyware scanners running that also check my emails. I JUST WANT TO BE ABLE TO SEE HTML EMAILS THE WAY THEY WERE MEANT TO BE VIEWED! I do not want to see mangled up, unreadable emails.

Sigh... I guess I'm gonna have to look for another email program that doesn't have crippled HTML email viewing capabilities.

I don't have outlook on pc here at work.

But I think if you select tools | options and then mail preferences you can change mail settings within their.

HTML viewing is bad, and if you use the preview mode your "reading" the e-mail and so any dodgy code hidden within it can be executed without direct need for it to be opened.

Plain Text is easier for all people to read and understand.

I don't have outlook on pc here at work.

But I think if you select tools | options and then mail preferences you can change mail settings within their.

HTML viewing is bad, and if you use the preview mode your "reading" the e-mail and so any dodgy code hidden within it can be executed without direct need for it to be opened.

Plain Text is easier for all people to read and understand.

I do not care if it is bad to have HTML viewing. I have an email scanner that scans emails as they are downloaded. Also, plain text is not easier to read and understand. If you saw how those HTML emails are turning out after being turned into plain text (as is happening to me), you would understand.

Edited by IsLNdbOi