Logon to domain as a specific user?

I work for a co. that has 7 different domains and multiple users, when a user leaves and returns their laptop say i want to be able to reinstall win xp and log the new domain user account in and install some software, the reason for this is that the software we use is profile specific and so if i install it under administrator it wont work under the user account, it has to be installed under that user account e.g.

windows reinstalls, (batch file possibly asking for which domain to connect to and which user to log on?)

logs newly created fred.bloggs domain account from domain1 in once windows has installed and starts the installation of the software,

is this possible?!

Any one who could shed any light on the subject would be of great help.

Thanks

Superblades

XPlode allows impersonation of logging in as another user, loading their registry hive and whatnot. I personally haven't tested it on a domain, but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't.

You'd have to test it out though.

It sounds as though the applications you are installing write registry values to the user's registry. There are multiple solutions to the problem. Probably the easiest would be to capture those settings with something like regshot and then import the settings to the default user profile so that any new profile created on the machine will have the settings (assuming you're not using roaming profiles).

There are some instances where an application truly does need to be installed by the specific user who will use the app, but this is quite rare and usually is because of some sort of encryption key creation that is dependant upon randomized data.

If you get a little more specific as to what the problem is that you're facing and the ultimate goal, perhaps I or others could help out a little more.

Its OCR testing software for candidates to take exams on a laptop, as far as i know it is encrytped, (right clicking on the shortcut brings a target path of c:\program files\i-assess\ocr\bin30\ocr.exe(then a long hexadecimal number)

i want windows to install unattended, and prompt me to choose which user to logon onto which domain and then install this software, this software is only 150mb but it installs 15000! files so it takes a considerable amount of time.

i know the ocr testing software has a silent switch and i can get it to install like that no problem, its just that i need help on how to create a possible batch file (perhaps another alternative) to ask me which domain win xp to connect to when installing and which user to logon, then i could use something like run once to install the software, either by slipstreaming or group policy.

Thanks for all your help.

Superblades

Do a Google search for LSRUNAS. It allows you to run a process under a different user and encrypt the password so that they aren't in plain sight within your batch file. The documentation will give you the exact command line parameters which you can incorporate into your batch file.