Best nVidia drivers

Sli-Boi

Hey guys, just been reading some sources about the most appropriate (reliable) nvidia driver to use on an SLI setup with 6600GT's. I currently use 78.01 but apparently the 77.76 & 77.77 drivers perform better on that card setup.

Would anyone have any trial/error experiences you would like to share? i have read plenty of info but noone refers/has my setup, so i guess hopefully anyone has some input on this..

78.01 runs fine..But if a lot of people suggest the latter 2 mentioned... :} Opinions?

can't really tell you, as i got a Nvidia GeForce 4 MX440. but unless someone else has the same card and has done some testin your best bet is gonna be trial and error. the 6600 is a somewhat new card, so in my opinion it would be safe to upgrade your drivers. but if anything weird happens, like walls disappearing, more of a sluggish feeling. then you may want to down grade your drivers back to 78.01.

give ya an example, i'm using the 45.23 (August 13, 2003) drivers for my card, i've heard many people tell me to just upgrade my video card drivers. but in my experience the 45.23 drivers don't cause any walls to disappear for me, hell even steam/HL2/CSS complain to me that "My drivers are out of date". with any drivers above 45.23 walls disappear, or games just randomly crash.

so yea.. its mainly all trial and error. the 45.23 drivers are what I use because i got an old card, so don't use them as they'll more then likely slow your card down lol.

hey dude, does your card work with HL2? dam i use to have that card and it could barely run CS: C zero..lol

yeah its a common card (6600GT) but not many ppl have SLI setup, so i am currently testing the 77.77 and so far no problems...

yeap i get about 25-35 FPS. which isn't too bad. i can feel the choppiness. however it doesn't really bother me.

since the 77.77 drivers seem to be workin. i'd say good call on updating.

you may want to run a benchmark program like 3DMark and compare the scores.