knowing what hotfixes you installed

okay a few months ago i got into the whole unsattended windows isntall disk with custom software and everything. i integrated all the hotfixes but now i want to update it again and i don tknow which hotfixes i last installed. is there any kind of app that can scan the setup files and determine which hotfixes it has?

Sure. You can download the QFECheck tool from MS (Google it) which scans the registry and will list the installed hotfixes. I've seen other similar tools which do similar things, also probably a Google search away.

Otherwise, you should be able to see them in Add/Remove Programs. Assuming you're using XP SP2, open Add/Remove Programs and check the "Show Updates" checkbox at the top of the window. If you scroll down, you'll see a list of them.

An awsome tool is Windows Update List (along with other great utils) over at www.nirsoft.net. WUL tells you what updates you have installed, what files are associated with each hotfix and the versions of all of the files, and lets you save reports as txt, html, and xml. This is a great util and is alway in my toolbox.

It also supports command line parameters which is great for automation and its FREE!!

Windows Update List at Nirsoft.net

Edited by smurdock