XP/Floppy Problems And Hangups

hatred

when i install xp off cd and it first boots into windows the first time i hear the floppy drive load. on next reboot its fine and the ones after. BUT if i install either symantec security or sygate when windows loads it keeps trying to search the floppy drive and hangs me up for about 7 seconds before the taskbar will load even if i disable the floppy drive i still get this hang up .. if i remove symantec client security or sygate. this problem goes away ive tryed zonealarm its the only firewall that wont look for a floppy or hang me up on windows startup. ive searched everywhere and tryed everything to fix this annoying problem .. but i just dont know whats causeing it .. i was able to run they's products before with no problems at all i haveint changed any drivers or anything hardware related at all. only thing ive changed was my winnt.sif and that was just the UnattendMode=DefaultHide Instead Of FULL. Hope Someone Can help

1. Windows setup checks the floppy drive for the presence of a WINNT.SIF file. It will ALWAYS do this on the first boot.

2. Antivirus programs check the floppy drive to make sure you don't have a virus on a floppy - this was a method at one time for introducing boot-sector and BIOS-level viruses, and as such the check exists both on Windows start, and on Windows shutdown (whether or not you actually have a floppy, the software will check just in case, causing the delay). Floppy checks can usually be disabled in the program's configuration menus once installed.

I Put On Norton Antivirus Its Fine Does Not Check The Floppy On start Up Its The Firewalls That are doing It Whitch I Dont Understand One Bit. Since when Does Sygate Firewall Check A Floppy Drive At Startup ?? THis Dont Make Any Sence What So Ever .. If something Was going To Be Checking The Floppy It Be antivirus In most Cases antivirus Is not Giveing Me A Problem Its The firewalls That are try to search The Floppy A: On Startup. I Can Use Symantec Antivirus By Itself Not One Problem I Can Uninstall it and Still No Problem But Soon As I Put sygate Firewall On. Keeps Checking That floppy On Boot Up client Security Will Do This Aswell. I tryed Asking Acouple computer Tecs To See If they New .. They Dont UnderStand Why Its doing That With just Those 2 Programs And Not Anything Else. I Used to Beble to Run Them Fine ... Ive Looked In The Bios Aswell Nothing Wrong There searched It Lots On Google tryed Everything Even Deleteing MRU's The Program Creates Still No Go .. Im puzzled On This One

Edited by hatred

He's probably dyslexic. There's two classic traits right there. No punctuation and capitalisation issues. I should know I am dyslexic, but with alot of help I've managed to over come most of my problems. There's alos a few other things as well there that point to this as well.

That or English is not a first language.

Hmmm Should Of Known Id Get Some Smart a** Reply Back. wouldint Expect Anything Else From You . Ill Figure It Out Myself. I Wont Bother Posting Here Again. Cant Be Bothered With Your Flaming Crap In Here. I have Better Things To Do Then To Mark Someone On The way They Type

The comment wasn't meant to be flaming in any way. It's simply very difficult to read your posts. A little effort to clean up your posts would go a long way.

As a first step - I've used Sygate on several computers without any problems, as well as Norton.

What other programs do you have loading on startup?

Also, are you testing this from a UA CD with any other modifications? UA Application installs? Are you using nLite? A bit of clarification on this note would help.

Sorry if I offended. Hopefully you can understand that it's sometimes irritating and difficult to see a post that looks like rambling.