[BartPE + XPE] Starting on a pc with no Harddisk or XP/2000

lznogoud

The next problem occured after booting from this cd on a Windows 98 machine or a machine which the harddisk was destroyed.

Correct me if i am wrong, i think the problem is that BartPE + XPE copies some files from the Documents & Settings map from the local pc while booting from cd.

So if you boot on a Windows 98 machine the profiles doesn't excist and on a pc with no harddisk or a destroyed one he can't copy the files offcourse.

How can i fix this, so i got a cd wich will boot from any pc with or without a harddisk and on any OS i want.

So a really stand alone booting cd like ERD Commander for an example.

I read some tutorials where you have to copy the profile to the cd etc. but how does this work with BartPE + XPE?

TY guys.

:realmad:stupid me didn't edit but replied, sorry

Hmmm... ok i noticed it can't be used on pc's with Windows 98 because of its registry. But isn't there a solution for it?

Because ERD Commander does work on Windows 98.

Edited by lznogoud

Its just the basic BartPE with XPE and NU2Menu is disabled.

My cd is booting and is getting an ip adres automatically and explorer is starten and i see my computer and taskbar.

But the only thing i did is BartPe cd and installed the plugin XPE, so what am i doing wrong?

I have tested it on a blank Harddisk partition and then it will work, so the problem must be with a Windows 98 installtion?

Edited by lznogoud

Ok, I'm really not understanding what you're trying to accomplish.

If you boot your disk, you should be able to see the files on the local hdd - unless you have something like goback installed on it.

Or, of course, the drive or partition is damaged.

What exactly is your goal? :huh:

As far as the XPE plugin, did you manually add it or are you using the Reatogo package?

Edited by d4vr0s

How hard can it be......

I wanna make/have a cd wich i can boot in any pc with or without an OS.

I have made a cd with BartPE preloader and added the XPE plugin with his tool.

This is described here: BartPE with XPE

BUT if i boot with this cd on a PC with Windows 98 installed on it i get several errors.

The only conclusion i can think off is that still my cd is looking/reading/copying something fromt the OS installed on the PC.

HOW can i make a completely 100% stand alone bootcd wich i can use as a utility disk.

The next problem occured after booting from this cd on a Windows 98 machine or a machine which the harddisk was destroyed.

Correct me if i am wrong, i think the problem is that BartPE + XPE copies some files from the Documents & Settings map from the local pc while booting from cd.

So if you boot on a Windows 98 machine the profiles doesn't excist and on a pc with no harddisk or a destroyed one he can't copy the files offcourse.

How can i fix this, so i got a cd wich will boot from any pc with or without a harddisk and on any OS i want.

So a really stand alone booting cd like ERD Commander for an example.

I read some tutorials where you have to copy the profile to the cd etc. but how does this work with BartPE + XPE?

TY guys.

sounds like a dead parition which is harder to pull files from, you gotta get some file recovery programs installed on the BartPE disk in order to see anything (something like Partition Magic Disk Recovery or any free program [i don't know any off hand]