I've been putting down some work and this is what came out:

This package includes the following:

QuickTime Support,

Shockwave Flash 8,

Adobe Reader,

Java Applet support.

----- Browser Config -------

I made a few customisations to to the default settings:

- Browser Cache will be deleted upon exit.

- Homepage = Google

- Open page in new tab option is now disabled.

If you open another instance of Opera it will open in the same window.

I've changed a few more things but what's mentioned above is pretty the main thing.

Download Link

Have Fun! :thumbup

EDIT: See post below for another download, That package enables you to make your own.

Edited by Shoshoni

It's like your clicking on a link. Then its opened in a new tab instead of the same tab (all pages are tabs). It's a bit confusing but to put it simple:

you end up with numerous tabs.

i think the topicstarter could better write a howto unattended install opera 8.5 with al his stuff, so everyone could do to what he/she want with unattended opera. :yes:

Thanks for the tip! I'll check if if I can work something out!

@ ShoSHoni

Ok but that isn't necessarily a bad thing, and when you want to "force" a link to open in the same tab, all you have to do is rightclick & choose "Open"

Generally sites will force a new page, when they link to something off site, and if you set your preferences to have all new tabs open after the current tab, instead of [last tab], that works just fine as well.

Anyways, latahs.

How-to guide

NOTE: I do not have any programming experience at all, but I have tried it anyway because I'm here to learn! I've created a batch file and a AutoIt file for the opera setup.

Here's the how-to guide:

At the end of this post there's a download link for you. The zip package contains the following when extracted:

structure8ci.jpg

The Plug-ins

I've spotted some nice little info on the Opera website:

These instructions were written for Opera for Windows.

General plug-in installation instructions

Download the plug-in and start the installation program

If given a choice, install the plug-in for use with Netscape, and not Internet Explorer

Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the installation of the plug-in

Copy the plug-in's ".dll" file(s) to Opera's "Plugins" directory

Go to Opera's Preferences menu and choose Plugins

Press the "Find plugins" button or close Opera and open it again to automatically find the plug-in

Okay you can get your .dll's from several places. I got the most of them out of my Firefox plugins folder!

Place these in the program\plugins folder.

Opera Skins

Put the skins you downloaded inside the profile\Skin folder. Make sure they're zip files.

Custom settings

Install Opera for a single user (very important!!) and configure it the way you want it (including skins, bookmarks, plugins and settings).

Next thing, take the opera6.ini and opera6.adr files from the C:\Program Files\Opera\program\profile directory and place them inside the profile folder.

Installing Opera silent

Here's an AutoIT Script: (change the 'Icon creation' the way you want it to)

; Launch app.
Run("ow32enen850.exe")
;
; hide windows
AutoItSetOption ( "WinDetectHiddenText", 1 )
;
; Initial Setup Screen
WinWaitActive("Opera 8.5", "Welcome")
WinSetState("Opera 8.5", "Welcome", @SW_HIDE)
Send("!n")

; License
WinWaitActive("Opera 8.5", "Software License")
WinSetState("Opera 8.5", "Software License", @SW_HIDE)
Send("!a")

; Directory Install
WinWaitActive("Opera 8.5", "Select Installation")
WinSetState("Opera 8.5", "Select Installation", @SW_HIDE)
Send("!i")
Send("!n")

; Icon Creation
;------------------------------------------------- Remove the ";" below to disable the option.
WinWaitActive("Opera 8.5", "Icon Creation")
WinSetState("Opera 8.5", "Icon Creation", @SW_HIDE)
;Send("!s") Adds icons to the start menu
;Send("!d") Adds desktop icon
;Send("!q") Adds Quick Launch icon
Send("!n")

; Installation
WinSetState("Opera 8.5", "Ready to", @SW_HIDE)
WinWaitActive("Opera 8.5", "Ready to", @SW_HIDE)
Send("!i")

; Quick start
WinWaitActive("Opera 8.5", "Installation Completed!")
WinSetState("Opera 8.5", "Installation Completed!", @SW_HIDE)
Send("!r")
Sleep(1000)
Send("!f")

You might need to modify the window captions to your language but that shouldn't be much of a problem.

When you're finished, use the 'aut2exe' to compile your script. Name the file: 'ops.exe' When your done, delete the compiler and your .au3 file.

If you wish you can wrap it up again and make an sfx or leave it as it is now. Make sure that you launch the install.cmd no matter what method you use. Please, Please, post corrections / suggestions if errors come up. I'm not experienced but on this forum people are. I have other things on my mind for the coming weeks but I'm able to read your reactions.

Download

Have Fun!

Edited by Shoshoni

How-to guide

Of you wish you can wrap it up again and make an sfx or leave it as it is now. Make sure that you launch the install.cmd no matter what method you use. Please, Please, post corrections / suggestions if errors come up. I'm not experienced but on this forum people are. I have other things on my mind for the coming weeks but I'm able to read your reactions.

Download

Have Fun!

It is not clear enough for me, what must be written in the SFX installer (comment)? Also you have included Aut2Exe.exe, it dont work, get a error: "unable to read in AutoIt stub file (AutoItSC.bin).".

But i have already install AutoIt on my pc, so this is not a great problem. you write also something about plugins and skins. i believe there were skins and plugins in the rar packet on rapidgear but the maps are empty.

Do you know how to add a button as if inIE?

Wouldn't it just be easier to use the silent install switch of /s rather than the autoit script? You'd have to remove the icons you didn't want, but you can do that in your install.cmd file after the installation is complete.

EDIT - After downloading and extracting the file, that's not the directory structure at all! What did you use to create the MSI file? Installsheild?

EDIT2 - You could make the package even smaller by using 7-zip. I've got it down to 3,753KB so far.

Edited by Zxian

Wouldn't it just be easier to use the silent install switch of /s rather than the autoit script? You'd have to remove the icons you didn't want, but you can do that in your install.cmd file after the installation is complete.

EDIT - After downloading and extracting the file, that's not the directory structure at all! What did you use to create the MSI file? Installsheild?

EDIT2 - You could make the package even smaller by using 7-zip. I've got it down to 3,753KB so far.

if reading the comment of that package: SFX Maker Homepage: http://sm.davidcornish.com

i dont care how to install it, /s is fine too, but i want to know how to install a button of Opera silently, read my first or second post in this thread for more explaining :yes:

if reading the comment of that package: SFX Maker Homepage: http://sm.davidcornish.com

i dont care how to install it, /s is fine too, but i want to know how to install a button of Opera silently, read my first or second post in this thread for more explaining :yes:

I had a look at that program... it's basically just a nice front end for keyotime's guide (using Zip instead of 7zip). Doesn't really explain how the directory listing in the installer is different from Shoshoni's guide.

As for the toolbar, look at the "standard toolbar.ini" file in the /profile/toolbar folder. Here's an example of my standard toolbar file.

Opera Preferences version 2.0
; Do not edit this file while Opera is running
; This file is stored in UTF-8 encoding

[INFO]
NAME=Opera Standard (Modified)

[Pagebar.alignment]
Alignment=4
Auto alignment=0
Old visible alignment=4
Collapse=1

[Personalbar.alignment]
Alignment=0
Auto alignment=0
Old visible alignment=2
Collapse=1

[Status Toolbar.alignment]
Alignment=0
Auto alignment=0
Old visible alignment=4
Collapse=1

[Site Navigation Toolbar.alignment]
Alignment=0
Auto alignment=0
Old visible alignment=2
Collapse=1

[Document View Toolbar.alignment]
Alignment=0
Auto alignment=0
Old visible alignment=2
Collapse=1

[Start toolbar.alignment]
Alignment=0
Auto alignment=0
Old visible alignment=2
Collapse=1

[Customize Toolbar Custom.content]
Button0, "Bookmarks list dropdown button"="Show popup menu, "Browser Bookmarks Menu", , "Bookmarks", "Go To Homepage""

[Document Toolbar.style]
Button type=2
Button style=0
Large Images=0
Wrapping=0
Maximum Button Width=0
Grow To Fit=0

[Document Toolbar.content]
Button0, 69240="Rewind + Show hidden popup menu, "Internal Rewind History""
Button1, 21209="Back + Show hidden popup menu, "Internal Back History""
Button2, 21235=Stop | Reload, , , 21210
Button3, 21211="Forward + Show hidden popup menu, "Internal Forward History""
Button4, 67675="Fast Forward + Show hidden popup menu, "Internal Fast Forward History""
Address5

[Browser Toolbar.content]
Button0, 21204=Open document
Button1, 21205=Save document
Button2, 21206=Print document
Button3, 21208=Find
Button4, 21212=Go to homepage
Button5, 69682="Set alignment, "hotlist", 6, , "Panels" | Set alignment, "hotlist", , , "Panels""
Button6, 21215=Tile vertically
Button7, 21216=Cascade
QuickButton8, 67676=Start listening | Stop listening, , , 67677 | Stop speaking, , , 67678
Button9, "Save as CHM"="Execute program, "savepage.exe", "%u", "Save" & Save document with images as, , , , "Save document as""

[Browser Toolbar.alignment]
Alignment=0
Auto alignment=0
Old visible alignment=2
Collapse=1

[Hotlist Panel Selector.content]