bandwidth measuring and controlling

prathapml

http://www.dumeter.com

It basically can tell you how many MB/GB you have uploaded or downloaded, in an hour, day, month, etc.

Very useful for those who have download caps on their net connection (like, only 10 GB a month, etc.)

totals.gif

Why should you use DU Meter?

There are many reasons why you might want to monitor your network activity. Watching your data transfer rates can be very enlightening as you download a web page, email, or a software application. This will give you a much better idea of how long the operation will take. It will also let you know how efficient your Internet connection is. And it can alert you of dangerous or unexpected network activity.

If you are trying to improve your performance over the Internet and you are going to spend some time optimizing your configuration for maximum download speeds, it's critical that you accurately monitor your download speeds or data transfer rates so you can compare them at various settings.

http://www.netlimiter.com/

It can basically limit your uploads or downloads. For example, you have a 256 kbps connection, and you want your torrents to use only half, so that other half can be used for browsing, etc.

scrshot002.png

About NetLimiter

NetLimiter is an ultimate internet traffic control and monitoring tool designed for Win98/Win98 SE, WinME, Win2000, Win2003 and WinXP. You can use NetLimiter to set download/upload transfer rate limits for applications or even single connection and monitor their internet traffic.

Along with this unique feature, Netlimiter offers comprehensive set of internet statistical tools. It includes real-time traffic measurement and long-term per-application internet traffic statistics.

pratha didn't know bout the netlimiter thing but 1 issue i have faced with these BW meter proggies is they show wrong BW sometimes i mean like i'm d/lin at 45kbps odd sumthin and they show i'm connected at 128kbps lol.

just tell me whether this is better or not and will have 2 try out the netlimiter thing