BSOD nv4_disp.dll

I am having a problem with my an engineering application called Unigraphics NX 2.0. We just received 3 new machines and installed unigraphics on them.

Machine Specs

Dell Precision Workstation 670

3.2 Intel Xeox x64

3GB memory

300GB SCSI HD

Nvidia Quadro FX 4400 256mb

The error occures during intense graphics rendering. Basically.. we have one specific file that when loaded, is about a gig and a half in memory. (this is the biggest we have seen a file get but this is a big project and this is what we bought these machines for) When we shade the design and try to rotate it, the computer crashes and gives me a Page_in_non_Paged_area stop error from nv4_disp.dll.

There is one specific task when I pin a menu to the work area and the software resizes the image(when shaded) and crashes. This happens every time. Other then that one specific task. any other intense movement makes it crash.

This happens on all 3 of the new machines so it isnt a hardware problem.

Unigraphics supports 64bit operating systems and the Quadro FX 4400 video card

I guess here is my question. Does anybody have experience in these types of intense graphics applications that can lead me in some sorta direction?

if not..The next thing in my path is to try and find a different version driver for the video card.. however I am unable to find a site that has archived nvidia drivers. The only ones I have available are the one through the dell website and the latest driver from nvidia?

Can you check for stability first. Please download this app http://superpi.radeonx.com/super_pi_mod-1.4.zip and run 32 Million Pi calculation, should take less than 30min, this will ultimately test system's memory sunsystem including ram and chipset. Next thing would be running Prime95 stable at least for 1h, this will test your processor. http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft.htm In the end you should upgrade your forceware drivers to latest beta guru3d.com http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1210 I believe 81.84 are latest.

Edited by Kamil

A couple quick edits.. The video card is actually an Quadro FX 3400 256mb instead of the 4400 i stated in the first post.. not sure if it makes a difference.

I will run the tests while I am there tomorrow and return the results

I am installing the updated drivers but I wont know how well it works until I am on the desktop tomrrow.

Obviously Terminal Services lowers graphics features.. but I am just curious here. When I pin the menu to the workspace through terminal services.. the system doesnt crash but If i do the same thing on the desktops console.. it BSOD's... any thoughts.. ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem, but only when I try to play games. Here are my specs:

Athlon xp 2400+

Asus A7V266 mobo

1024MB DDR RAM

SB Audigy Platinum

Geforce 6600 128MB AGP

300W power supply

40GB & 80GB Harddrives

I ran the superpi and it doesnt look that great - took 1 hour 59seconds to figure pi to 32 Million places. I am going to start the other test now and post results. Could someone please tell me what the problem could be, this is driving me nuts. I just bought that Geforce today thinking that was the problem (had a 4400ti), but no dice obviously.

• 1 month later...
I have the same problem, but only when I try to play games. Here are my specs:

Athlon xp 2400+

Asus A7V266 mobo

1024MB DDR RAM

SB Audigy Platinum

Geforce 6600 128MB AGP

300W power supply

40GB & 80GB Harddrives

I ran the superpi and it doesnt look that great - took 1 hour 59seconds to figure pi to 32 Million places. I am going to start the other test now and post results. Could someone please tell me what the problem could be, this is driving me nuts. I just bought that Geforce today thinking that was the problem (had a 4400ti), but no dice obviously.

You sure you have Windows XP x64 installed :D ?