How to know which hotfixes in on my Nlited XPSP2 CD?

man! I got a folder full of hotfixes since the release of SP2

so I got confused about which of which I slipstreamed into my Nlited UAXPSP2 CD, I'm refering to the ISO CD,

I know there is a proggy called WinUpdatesList by Nirsoft.com, but this is ONLY for the manually integrated HFs in already installed windows, even it doesn't show the SLIPSTREAMED ones

I need my ISO is up-to-date with hotfixes

so 2 Qs here:

1- How can I know till when my CD is updated with Hotfixes? in order to slipstream only the newer HFs

2- if the above Q is impossible to answer, is it safe to Sliptreame ALL the hotfixes from the first one to the last one in without any complications? although the CD is slipstreamed with a bunch of HFs (not clean SP2)

Its like this, knowing what Hotfixes are in your HF folder, is YOUR job, and your the one that should be aware of newer versions and replaced hotfixes.

If you dont use RyanVM pack, wich I think you should, going to Microsoft site and read information about the Hotfixes is your only solution. Everytime a hotfix is released, it says on Microsoft site, if he is replacing an older one or not.

I have a pack of updates I made for personnel use, however, it only includes Critical Hotfixes.

Let me know if you need it.

About your 2nd question. Yes, is is possible. However, you will be adding older hotfixes that problably were already replaced for newer verions.

An example, is this months hotfixes.

902400 replaced 873333, 900725 replaced 893086 and 905749 replaced 899588.

Hope this helps.

thanx man, but I faced some problems with the latest RyanVMi which there is a known Delay issue,

I downloaded only the critical HFs in the sticky post here in msfn.org

and yeah about replacing the newer ones with the old ones,needs a microsofot.com visit! which I hate most and have no time

anyway, what about Start >Run >Winver

is the build number can help?

Edited by Wesmosis

Thats what I did also. I have a pack with only the critical and replaced by new versions of hotfixes.

About winver, no. It wont help on the newer version thing we talked about.

If your interested in the critical hotfixes only, and not using RyanVM pack, maybe you should try Astalavista's pack (link on my sig). He only uses the critical ones and has a little .CMD file for integration and post installation install of his hotfixes.

However, I dont think he replaced the ones I mentioned on my previous post.

Personally, I keep a HF folder in my CD path, and I update it every "Patch Tuesday" (and, lately, again a few days later when MS realizes that one if their HFs is busted). When I go to burn the image, I make a copy of my "Master" folder and then I integrate HFs (using nLite) at that point to keep it current. It is a little bit of a manual process, but I always know exactly what is going to be slipstreamed, and it is quite easy to update/change something.

• XPCD Master <version>
  • $OEM$
  • Basic Drivers
    • Hotfixes
      • AutoInstalled (don't use)
        • <contains items that have problems integrating (i.e. .Net)>

[*]Depricated

• <contains HFs that have been replaced by later ones>

[*]<all current hotfixes>

[*]<various drivers to integrate using nLite>

[*]I386

[*]Root

• <contains files that I want in the DVD root>

[*]To Do

• Before Burning
      • <contains tasks that need to happen before I burn (cleanup, etc.)

[*]nLite

• <Contains the nLite program and settings>

[*]<contains items that I need to take care of for the next version>

[*]PROBLEMS.txt <items that had problems with the previous version>

[*]<other windows files>

After I copy and nLite the folder, I have the following, which gets burned to DVD:

• XPCD <version>
  • $OEM$
  • I386
  • AUTORUN.INF <changed so it only displays icon>
  • boot.bin
  • nLite.ini <settings used for that version>
  • setup.exe
  • WIN51
  • WIN51IP
  • win51ip.SP2

I think this the best and safest solution:

I enter this topic HOTFIXES: Win2000 SP4 – WinXP SP1 – WinXP SP2

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=31886

then check every HF removed, then I delete it from my HFs folder, of course after downloading every updated HF

for instnace

October 11, 2005

Added KB896688, KB899589, KB900725, KB901017, KB902400, KB904706, KB905414 and KB905749 for WinXP SP2

Updated KB890830 for WinXP SP2

Removed KB873333 and KB893086 for WinXP SP2

So I delete KB873333 and KB893086, and DL KB896688, KB899589, KB900725, KB901017, KB902400, KB904706, KB905414 and KB905749

****after deleting every (REMOVED HF), then I can slipstreamed the rest with my eyes closed

what do you think guyz?

Edited by Wesmosis