HijackThis! / CWShredder -

Dark Sim 905

Dear MSFN:

Long time no see! :hello:

I've been trying to setup a bootable Windows PE Disk using BartPE; and have a probelm trying to get HijackThis! and CWShredder to work properly. I can get CWShredder to work properly if I copy the file to the local file-system's system32 directory that I am working on. Otherwise, it doesn't work too well -- not to mention it's somewhat sloppy to do.

On a side note, is there any way that I can make a *.bat that will delete the temporary files for internet users?

As far as I know, in a windows enviroment, %temp% will go straight to that directory for a logged on user.

In BartPE; %temp% goes to B:\ (RAMDisk)

Any solutions / help would be appreciated!

:)

Reguardless of the browser, I know where those temp files are. It's just getting ONE easy to use *.BAT to find the username for the temp files.

IE:

X:\Documents and Settings\USERACCOUNTNAMEHERE\Temp

or Temporary Internet Files.

That's the issue; there's no way to go directly to a given user without knowing the name. I don't want to make people using this CD to have to navigate manualyl to delete these files.

Are you looking to delete the temporary files on the local system and not your winpe?

If so, you might want to look at this:

http://ezpcfix.net/

And as far as hjt and cws, you may want to look here at runscanner:

http://www.paraglidernc.com/6901.html

Edit:

Just one more build to go, then I'll have it just the way I want it, I hope.

I used to think that, but mine is always evolving. B)

Edited by d4vr0s

As far as the temp files, that's a great link right there. I will try that out and get back to you. As far as HijackThis! / CWS:

I got CWS to work by downloading the plugin again, and replacing the EXE. I was also hoping to see if I could get About:Buster to work, but that was to no avail.

I have RunScanner; but Hijackthis just still doesn't want to work. I would assume something with the registry or *.DLL linking.

As far as that goes, staff around here informed me it's OK to leave HijackThis! out of the build. I'm almost done, but as you said: always evolving. :)

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.

I'm not planning to use XPE. I'd have to re-write the documentation; andI don't want to do that. Not to mention, I have what i want working 0-- spyware removal tools.

Anybody got any good suggestions how to present it to other IT Crew Members that will be working with it, OR giving more training in it?