Motherboard Problem

hyunkeru

I was trying to fix a computer for my friend. He is using AMD 64-BIT 3000+ SOCKET 939 with a MSI K8T Neo 2. The problem was whenever he was trying to turn the pc on. It got no display and the computer beeped like crazy. I tried to replaced the memory, power supply and different video card (both AGP and PCI). I tried to clear the CMOS with the jumper. I even took the whole motherboard out and tried them out of the case. I still got the same problem. I was looking at the D-Bracket all whole time, 3 of the red LED was on all the time. The description in the manual just said initializing video interface. I took the CPU, memory, video card and power supply and tried them on the other machine. They all working good. I assumed the mb was bad. I went to the computer store where he bought the computer. I told the technician what I did checked. He agreed the mb was bad. He got me another same mb. He tried it with the CPU, memory, video card I had. Same Problem :( . About 5 to 10 mins later, he got the new mb booting migically. I was talking to my friend all whole time when the technician was trying to fix my mb. I was not paying atention what the technician did. All I saw was he turned the power supply on and off about 5 times. He put everything back with the old mb. It worked. I tried to ask him the trick. He just wouldn't tell me. Does everyone has the same or similar problem? Why was the computer booting again all the sudden? Do you think I have bad hands? I'm sure I did check everything I could. Any suggestion? Please tell me the trick? :}