Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Sign in to follow this  
jimmsta

Windows 98 PowerPack v3.0 released [details itt]

The new autoplay exe file is in the works. I will probably be releasing different language-oriented versions, as a multi-language version will be too bloated. I've included the dependency walker log file from the new autoplay.exe. I've switched to a much better autoplay creation studio, which allows for full customization of practically anything, and full PNG support (All logos in my autoplay's are PNGs). I've included a screenshot of my work so far:

73808261_ss_1.png

WYSIWYG - The Resolution seen in this Screenshot is the original res.

wow really? that many dependencies? dang i gotta check that out. ill try it in a virtual pc later on tonight. im so tired right now :blink:

thanks for letting me know all that. :)

-------------------------------------------------

edit: im gonna test it now, with both 98 and 98 se. ill include the various DLL's itll need in the zip folder. then hopefully itll work. but i have a feeling its gonna put a ton of files on the root of the cd, and if thats the case. ill just delete it. i only tested it on my 98 machine After installing all the updates and such :blushing:

the window is 512 x 360, i dont think it will cause a problem, the person can minimize it if they want/need to.

98pp1rv.th.jpg

----------

edit # 2

updated the file, changed a few things (including order of installation) and changed the spelling errors. i havent loaded the copy of 98 into a virtual pc yet, my 98 se cd seems to be screwed up for some reason. ill get back on that as soon as i can.

-brian

Is this an autorun that has checkboxes, and a 'Go' button? I'd love to integrate that into the next release. I'd offer it as a simple installation tool. PM me.

autorun.txt

Just the english edition is looking like it will weigh in at 230mb uncompressed.

I'm including:

IE6.0SP1 - repacked installation for Win9x.

DX9c w/Managed DirectX (June 2006 release) - Stripped to bare minimum

Various utilities (7zip for archiving, codecs for video and audio)

More news to come. I'm still looking for various patches, and waiting on the_guy's WinMe Service Pack.

I'm looking for the_guy's last release of the Unofficial Windows Me Service Pack... Aside from that, and a few missing things in the autoplay, the compilation is done.