what is Nlited?

breadandbubbles

best thing? hmm...so to benefit from this do i have to reinstall XP on my PC? is it possible to just remove these programs i dont want manually after they have been installed?

also...if i do create my own XP setup cd, negative all the crap i dont want, is it possible to add crap i DO want? like a fully functional version of Nero Ultra version 6, WITH the keycode already on it?

nLite will allow you to reduce the size of the source CD that installs Windows. It does this by removing the files for componets that you do now wish to install. You will need to reinstall Windows to remove the components.

After you've reduced the size of the source, you can use one of the many methods outlined on the Unattended CD/DVD guide homepage to install your programs afterwards. nLite will not do this for you.

You can remove all (almost) of what nLite can manually, but you will not want to do it when you know how much work it takes. And you will have to do it all once again on the next reinstall.

If you just want to remove some components/progs from your current installation there is a program called XPlite.

Read What is nLite? and the MSFN Unattended Guide for more info on updating/slimming down and creating your very own special Windows cd. Also take a look around the rest of the MSFN-forums for lots of more info and inspiration.