windows installer error applying transforms

greg_mandrell

HI

Recently had to uninstall my far cry game and when i reinstalled everything was fine,but when i tried to reinstall all the game updates that i got from the official ubisoft site i keep getting an error that says, Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform paths are validC:\WINDOWS\Installer\{21A127AE-2DAF-40B7-8374-34C3E629521C}\1033.MST does anyone have a clue this has been driving me nuts all day i cant find a fix anywhere.

You may find quite a few files called 1033.mst since it is the standard name that installshield msi installers use to localize an installer to the English(US) language.

Is this update the unmodified file that was downloaded from ubisoft, of have you backed up the files from the installer cache? You should have the mst mixed in with the update installer. If there is a setup.ini, check this for a path containing the hardcoded GUID (the big number you quote) and you can change that path to point to wherever you have the update, or remove the path altogether and it should take it from the same dir as the setup.exe / msi.

The GUID is either the unique code for the original program, or for the patch. When they are cached after installing they are usually stored under a directory of the same name.

otherwise, try running the msi directly using :

msiexec /i <name of msi file> TRANSFORMS=1033.mst

and see if that works.

SP.

ok i hit search and searched for C:\WINDOWS\Installer\1033.mst and found 6 enteries.im very new at this so i may ask you to talk to me like im 5 lol im learning as i go.so what should i look for and erase.im sorry for the inconvience but like i said im new on all the techincal aspects.

ok i hit search  and searched for C:\WINDOWS\Installer\1033.mst and found 6 enteries.im very new at this so i may ask you to talk to me like im 5 lol im learning as i go.so what should i look for and erase.im sorry for the inconvience but like i said im new on all the techincal aspects.

OK. Is your update file a single file installer (just an exe), or are there many files? (mst, msi, exe, ini etc etc). If you could post a list of the files, and the contents of the 'setup.ini' if you have one, I can maybe steer you in the right direction :)

SP