Windows Restore lost

John O

While making a change from my expired Norton to AVG, I had some problems with Comcast recognizing what I did. Comcast.net has a conflict with this. I went to do a system restore and now that will not open and also the sustem search is not opening. I still have Outlook Express and the internet.

I have a Dell PC with Windows XP.

(I am not really a very sharp computer person)

What version of Norton were you using before? Pre 2004? The uninstall for those versions are horrible. You might want to find the Manual uninstall instructions for the version you are using. Those instructions are on Symantecs web site but you should should probably instead just get a USB memory key & try backing up your important data to it. Once your info is saved put in the factory restore CD & begin again. That is the easist fix.

Edited by KAndle

We had a technician come to our house on Saturday and he spent a little over an hour and finally removed all the Norton traces. We bought the Norton originally in 2002 and updated it in 2004. It was due now and that's when I attempted to uninstall it and then the trouble began. Now with it gone, everything works again.

Edited by John O