video card problems

drunkensmithrz

1) Why are you cross posting this in 2 different forums? Was it really necessary to start similar topics in different areas?

2) No one can help you unless you specify exactly what the problem is with your video card? I doubt if MSFN has a crystal ball to figure the problem with your videocard! In addition to that what are your hardware specs?

sorry i am new i have never used a forum before. anyway like i said i am running the ati 9600 pro with windows xp pro 2.4 g pentum 4 and 2 g of ram. so here is the problem. when i go to play high graphics games like hl2 or bf2 building, veichle, and other thing in the background will just sudenly go transparent. the game play starts to get a little jumpy but not to bad. so i was wondering what is causing this and what i can do to fix it.

sorry i am new i have never used a forum before.  anyway like i said i am running the ati 9600 pro with windows xp pro 2.4 g pentum 4 and 2 g of ram.  so here is the problem.  when i go to play high graphics games like hl2 or bf2 building, veichle, and other thing in the background will just sudenly go transparent.  the game play starts to get a little jumpy but not to bad.  so i was wondering what is causing this and what i can do to fix it.

You're experiencing a hardware limitation in this case. HL2 and BF2 requires pretty intensive hardware to run at high detail settings. The objects popping into view (I'm guessing that's what you meant by "transparent") is just to help the card from being overwhelmed. I believe both games should have an option in the Display settings called 'Drawing Distance'. Increasing this slider or value will make the card draw everything so you don't have these pop-ins, but the game will run considerably slower.