Need help getting Explorer to work with Windows PE

Daemonforce

Hey this looks like a great place to finally get some help and I hope someone knows what I'm talking about.

I don't have any way of getting the retail Windows PE right now and hopefully I'll find a kit for sale soon, but in the meantime I've been using two builds of Windows Longhorn Professional to rip the PE packaging from the setup. I've been messing with both build packages and I like 4074 because of the newer files(purrrrrty x_X) but no mouse. I was wondering if there was a way around that because I've thought of mixing executables from 4074 with the PE from 4051 and I don't think that will work too well. In any case I'll probably stick to 4051 anyway because that PE actually has mouse support. I could probably get access to the PE in Vista, but that would take me over a week.

Anyway my questions for 4051 and 4074:

Has anyone used these builds successfully?

Is there any way to fix mouse support from 4051 that is missing in 4074?

On top of mouse issues, I run into weird problems when trying to manufacture new builds of Longhorn PE to "fix" common mistakes that just become monotonus if they're not addressed, half the time they're invalid. Also...As much as I enjoy having an invalid command prompt that doesn't work with any of the commands I want to feed into it, I would rather have Explorer as my choice shell. I know it can be done...So why can't I accomplish this? >.<'

I've tried the registry trick of loading the CLSID entried into the WinPE hive, I get a DLL missing(csmagnet.dll) error and a reboot. Can anyone help me with this? I want to get this done today so I can refine it tomorrow. =/

Oh come on...I know a few of you are poking around in here...>.<'

Just a step-by-step guide to getting the Explorer shell running? =/

EDIT: Ok I fixed the csmagnet error, now explorer just doesn't want to load and I get a reboot. What's going on? =/

Edited by Daemonforce