looking for upx compressed archive switch

Adiel

Not really sure what you are wanting here?

If you want to install upx silently then just copy the upx.exe file to a path directory, it's standalone.

If you want to run upx silently from another program, either use the '-q' flag and add ' > NUL' to the end of the command line (may still flash briefly a command prompt), or set the 'startupinfo.wShowWindow' to SW_HIDE, and the 'startupinfo.dwFlags' to STARTF_USESHOWWINDOW if you are using createprocess.

Give us more info and maybe we can help more.

SP

Not really sure what you are wanting here?

If you want to install upx silently then just copy the upx.exe file to a path directory, it's standalone.

If you want to run upx silently from another program, either use the '-q' flag and add ' > NUL' to the end of the command line (may still flash briefly a command prompt), or set the 'startupinfo.wShowWindow' to SW_HIDE, and the 'startupinfo.dwFlags' to STARTF_USESHOWWINDOW if you are using createprocess.

Give us more info and maybe we can help more.

SP

ok, i need the switch for this pack:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=55687

when opening it normally on desktop there is an install wizard..

i don't want him to show up during the unattended install, but just install it.

i hope its clearer, thanks :)

cant download the package so can see if I can create a solution. As stated before though, upx is just an exe compressor. it doesnt have an insatll wizard or anything built in (so it is probasbly the underlying package that is causing the problem)

The package itself will not be packed with upx, but the loader stub (the bit at the beginning of the file that reads the actual install data) probably is, this is where the confusion comes from. Try running the installer with the '/?' command line, see if it gives you any information.

I cant download the package either, so cant look at it myself, until a proper d/l link is posted, sorry.

SP.

Just got it from the first post in that thread. The file is actually a Rar SFX. Just unpack it using winrar or similar. The installer has no silent options, but you could certainly write a batch or something to run all the hotfix files using the std switches found elsewhere (look at the unattended website)

SP.