Vista build 5112 dropping network connection

Lijiman

Ever since I installed Vista Beta 1 build 5112, my internet connection has gone crazy. It continually jumps back and forth between saying "Network cable is unplugged" and "Network is now Connected" (or whatever those messages say). It can't keep a steady connection. I found in another post that a .dll file was missing for the network setup wizard; well, I downloaded the .dll and have run the setup 2-3 times and it doesn't fix the problem. Not only do these drops and reconnects occur on my computer, but for my roommates on the router also. It's hard to work on it when they need a stable internet connection. Has this happened to anyone yet? Any possible fixes?

Thanks in advance...

Sean

Try removing ipv6.

Is that something I can do from Add/Remove Programs, or how would I go about doing that? Possibly a enabled Windows Service?

Thanks for the responses, if the IPV6 doesn't fix it, then I'll get the new build.

• 2 months later...
Go into network connections, select properties and click on tc/ip 6 and uninstall it.

I hope it will work.

The only protocol listed is the regular TCP/IP Internet Protocol. No option to uninstall. I guess I should try to get the new build.

I have the latest Vista build, and i loose my connection too. It's work fine for a while but then i get the message that the networkscabel is unplugged