XP Menu Question

Scubar

Hi

im building a new xp menu for my UACD but i cant seem to find what the Install .NET Framework button does on the Xp Menu, I have the Netfx.cab file located in the cmpnents\netfx\i386 folder but when i click the button it does absolutely nothing.

i was hoping someone would be able to tell me what function the button actuallly does so that i could put it into my menu.

ok thats interesting i seem to be missing the setup file, i just have the cab file in the cmpnents\netfx\i386 folder. anyway i could fix this ? or replace it with the new .Net Framework

Edited by ScubaSteve

i just have the cab file in the cmpnents\netfx\i386 folder. anyway i could fix this ?

No. That is the lite version of .Net Framework. It is used on portable devices, perhaps Windows Media Edition?,......

or replace it with the new .Net Framework

You can rename the file to setup.exe and place in DOTNETFX folder as Shark007 has mentioned. The XP Menu will execute it from the link provided when clicked.

Ok managed to sort that problem out now. next Q for anyoe that uses it.

using Autoplay Media Studio 5 Pro i was wondering how i could on startup be able to determine the Cd Roms Drive letter that its in. so that i can use the Result in my Dialog Messages for when i file is missing .

eg

when u click on Install XP if the Winnt32.exe isnt there it displays the dialog saying

WINNT32.EXE Was not found in folder <CDROM Driver Letter>\I386 Folder

at the moment ive just got it to say WINNT32.EXE Was not found

Like this example

Install = File.DoesExist('I386\\WINNT32.exe')
if Install ~= false then
   Dialog.Message("Notice", "WINNT32.EXE Was not found in " .. _SourceFolder .. '\\I386', MB_OK, MB_ICONINFORMATION, MB_DEFBUTTON1);
end

Edited by MHz

Use == instead of ~=. I have it as not equal to, rather equal to...

Install = File.DoesExist('I386\\WINNT32.exe')
if Install == false then
   Dialog.Message("Notice", "WINNT32.EXE Was not found in " .. _SourceFolder .. '\\I386', MB_OK, MB_ICONINFORMATION, MB_DEFBUTTON1);
end

Edited by MHz