what can be done with recovery console?

Nepali

what type of repair can be done with windows XP recovery console..

It has be given name "recovery console"

how can it be used to recover for a dead stage.... fo a PC

can it help the PC boot again.

or just do repair installation ... to make system bootable again without altering any of the files and documents we created.

what are the possibilities..

thanks in adv ...

Recovery Console is nothing more than a command line environment...it allows basic commands. I can't say I've ever really used it...in a situation where a computer won't boot anymore I either do an "In-Place Upgrade" or use BartPE. An "In-Place Upgrade" is a fancy term for a repair install, and it sounds like you already know of it. That usually fixes any issues with lost system files and what not. BartPE is basically a bootable copy of WinXP, with a full GUI and support for third party tools. I use that when I have a system that has issues with viruses or spyware. Another tool similar to this is ERD Commander, which is better in many cases but isn't free like BartPE. ERD can access the systems Registry much better than BartPE, and can automatically fix many problems.

i have both

ERD comander 2005 and BART PE along with XPE

but i need to know the possibilities of recovery console.

is recovery console is a automated procedure or the repair process is manual..

all have to do manually

if we don't know anything then is it worthless ?

Nope...all it is a command line environment...if you know what commands to issue to repair a system then I guess you could script a repair, but I don't believe it's that useful. It's all simple commands...copy, dir, del, etc. If you boot to it and type "help" it should list all the commands you can use. As I understand it, you would really only use it to maybe backup files or delete a specific file that you already know of. Again...command line...so you don't get much.

it is quick and easy to do minor things when you maybe dont have a BartPE or WinPE or ERD Commander cd available.. you only have access to windows system directories and only have a limited number or commands.

You can stuff more tools into an ERD Commander or Bart PE than you can in a recovery console.