Windows NT4 questions...

It is not possible to slipstream all the hotfixes after install, because the service-pack rollup makes changes to the way update.exe works.

On the other hand, you can set a batch file that will slipstream the fixes as required, over just two rebbot. You can slipstream SP6A and the SP rollup togehter, reboot, and then apply the balance of fixpacks.

W

It is not possible to slipstream any service pack into Windows NT. This is based on a ecconomic decision made by microsoft, rather than a technical reason of the product.

It is possible to patch the NT install set so that it works on some modern hardware. You can replace the files in i386, as NTLDR, NTDETECT.COM and ATAPI.SYS to get around the 8GB limit. You can add a Win2k cd-boot thing to prevent it automatically installing.

You can add a Win2k, XP or 2k3 NTDETECT.COM and NTLDR to sp6a. This is handy if you are multibooting WinNT and some later version of Windows.

I experienced problems when i tried to qchain several elements including sp6a, srp and some of the other fix-packs.