Hi guys.

qzmicro

Hi guys, I have limited experience with linux. I am able to install and configure to what I need... but am no guru. With that said, I am interested in creating a CD I came across that had everything I need on a day to day basis for my job. It was a bootable CD with an original ISO of Windows XP... Home OEM, Home RETAIL, Home Upgrade, Pro OEM, Pro RETAIL, Pro CORP, Pro UPGRADE, TabletPC Edition, Media Center Edition ... the whole shabang. All of original CD image files(iso) with the exception of slipstreaming SP2 and unattended files edited for their specific needs. I also noticed that he created a boot menu that I could hit "z" and then a menu with 10 or so different utility CD images were. For example, Symantec Ghost Bootable CD image, Partition Magic Bootable CD image, and a whole lot of others. It was excellent and partition magic and ghost are frequenly used in my company. So, I loved it! I want to make my own. I need to know where to start. I have basic concepts as to how to get most of this done, but the filesystem is the killer part for me. I noticed that when I select any item from the menu on startup (menu of this bootable CD I want to make,) it simply uses a linux loader to load a CD ISO and run it. So, when I select on ghost, it simply laods the ghost ISO, and when I select on win xp pro corp, it runs the setup for that... and so forth. I have a copy of this DVD that I made a copy of... but I don't with to use this one, I wish to make my own. Add some things I want, and take off other I dont' have licensing for. :) Thank you much guys... cheers!

Qz :huh:

Edited by qzmicro