Uninstalling Ati Mmc

smithxi

I've been having problem with my tv-tuner card software that came with my card. the program that is giving me troubles is the Ati Multimedia Center. I had to reinstall it to try and get the program to work properly, but it does not. I've read on other forums and the problem is constant and requires a complese format and fresh install to work properly. then there is the risk it will break again. But i've found a great alternative, which is the DScaler program. It's free and is very high quality. My problem now is that i want to uninstall ATI's programs like Multimedia Center, and all the other little things it installed. well if i go to add/remove programs, it's suddenly not listed anymore. and if i run the installer, i can unselect players and it removes them, like the dvd player, tv player, file player, etc. but the ati multimedia center is still installed and not available in the remove programs, but is an option as a "open with" program. i've browsed the program files folder and there isn't an uninstaller listed. can anyone help? thanks.

I've had a few problems with the ATI software that came with my All In Wonder 9600 and HDTV Wonder boards. And I too had to remove everything and re-install to get it to work right. I finally learned to not install the Remote Wonder (RW) software as it seemed to cause most of the problems I was having (that means having to live without the cool remote control, but oh well...).

Another thing I learned is that there is a program called DAO that is part of the ATI software, and it too needs to be removed to get the entire ATI software out of your machine. If that one is still showing up under 'Add/Remove Programs', remove it too.

And when you get everything removed, you have to reboot the computer to get back to a pre-installed state.

Hope that helps.

Oh my goodness, this is like Creative drivers/software.

The system hooks, the shared dll's, the files and registry entries all over the place enable ATI MMC to provide all sorts of cool features and look pretty doing it.

But one little mistake or file corruption and it's tough to cleanly uninstall this thing.

A solution that should work is a combination of the ATI Uninstall Utility found on the ATI website and DriverCleanerProfessional found on the Driverheaven website.

Install DriverCleaner and have it check for updates to get any recent fixes and improvements made by Spike to the program. Also download the latest ATI Catalyst drivers for your videocard as you'll be needing to uninstall those to thoroughly get rid of ATI stuff and start clean.

Uninstall ALL ATI things listed in Add/Remove starting with the MMC stuff, then the ATI DAO MDAC, then your ATI videocard's software and drivers. If you're using ATI Catalyst Control Center then reboot when it asks and then uninstall the drivers.

Don't reboot after uninstalling the driver. Run the ATI Uninstaller Utility and reboot when it asks.

Press F8 to bring up the Windows Startup Menu and choose Safe Mode.

If Windows brings up the New Hardware Wizard cancel out of it. If Windows just installs video drivers by itself, don't reboot when it asks. Go to Device Manager and right click the Display Adapters and uninstall them. Don't reboot.

Run DriverCleaner. From the Tools dropdown choose CabCleaner. Run it on driver.cab and sp2.cab.

When CabCleaner is done, run the normal DriverCleaner for ATI WDM, ATI Uninstaller, ATI MMC, ATI Hydravision, and ATI. Don't run the cleaners for the chipset ATI stuff (IGP, etc), as there's a danger of removing files that your motherboard chipset driver needs and you can wreck Windows that way.

Go to Start, Run and type %TEMP%. Delete the contents of that Temp folder.

Browse in My Computer to C:\Windows\Temp and delete the contents of that Temp folder.

Empty your Recycle Bin.

Restart the computer.

Cancel out of Windows Hardware detection and install the latest Catalyst driver and software. Reboot twice.

Now you've got a clean system to either reinstall ATI MMC or whatever software you want to use.