iTunes 5.0 - a bit bloated

rikgale

Is it me or is iTunes getting a bit tubby round the edges? Upto 32Mb(5.0) form 21Mb (4.9)

What on earth takes up 11Mb? Maybe Apple have taken a leaf from M$'s book and gone for making things bigger, but not necessarily better. Will have to check it out.

Maybe Seapagan can work his magic! :w00t:

EDIT: Now installed and....

New serivce added: mDNSResponder (what for??????????)

Change GUI, very similar, but there are changes and the top bar has become more compact.

Parental Control added: probably a good thing if you have kids, but otherwise more bloat.

This is what I conclude sofar

Edited by rikgale

New serivce added: mDNSResponder (what for??????????)

From the docs :

iTunes Music Sharing and AirTunes require use of a technology called Bonjour.  Bonjour, also known as zero-configuration networking, enables automatic discovery of computers, devices, and services on IP networks.  If you have a firewall enabled, you will need to ensure that UDP port 5353 is open for Bonjour to work correctly.  Certain firewalls will only partially block Bonjour packets, so if you experience intermittent behavior, check the firewall settings and verify that Bonjour is listed as an exception and is allowed to receive incoming packets.  Bonjour will configure the Windows firewall appropriately during installation on Windows XP Service Pack 2 or later.

Thats what the service is for. I guess if you are not using air-tunes or Music Sharing, this can go. There is however no option not to install it. See if I can edit that out.

SP