Installing RC twice, and then uninstalling

faachman

XPero wrote:

The theme issue will be fixed in final version.

No way of enjoying it because the file was not properly installed.

DO NOT INSTALL NEW VERSIONS OF XPIZE ON TOP OF PREVIOUS ONES.

:)

Hi XPero,

If you hadn't locked the topic, I could've replied using the system that was invented for it (threads).

Thanks for the answer about the theme.

About my other question:

I forgot to mention I didn't install over an older version, but over the same version (RC). I then uninstalled, an noticed that some new icons remained. Sounds logical if the second install backed up the files from the first install. Is this what happens? Is there any way I can uninstall completely now?

Thanks a bunch,

faachman

offtopic:

1st choose a good topic title

2nd type proper english

3rd you always must uninstall previous version of xpize before you install the new build.

Maleko wrote:

dont wanna make a big deal of it, just some dealings with members could be a little less offensive and harsh.

I could get in trouble about even this post, either way, not my problem...

If you read this Maleko, you've got a point there.

And now I BAN you Maleko MAHAHAHAAAA...

ooops.. I'm not an admin :whistle:

XPize backed up already xpized files, thats why you should uninstall previous versions first (it is logical, isnt it?) Try System Restore.

I locked the topic because I dont see the point in talking about something that has been already fixed. Why not discovering new bugs instead of reopening thrreads about the same?

XPero

XPize backed up already xpized files, thats why you should uninstall previous versions first (it is logical, isnt it?) Try System Restore.

Yes, logical, but can't XPize detect that it's already been installed, and not backup?

Because the theme didn't work with me, I thought maybe something had gone wrong during installation, so I installed again. OK, I know I should've checked the forums first, but I can imagine more people follow the approach I did, and now have the same problem.

I locked the topic because I dont see the point in talking about something that has been already fixed. Why not discovering new bugs instead of reopening thrreads about the same?

XPero

I don't consider a discussion closed when the developer simply says something like "Don't do it. ok bye."

On another note, what is the downside of keeping topics open for a while. Sure helps keeping the overall feeling of a board a whole lot friendlier.

I realize you want to spend most of your available time on developing and squashing bugs, and I don't want to suck up more of your time.

That being said, I can't wait for the final!

Just my 2 cents.

greetings, faachman

can't XPize detect that it's already been installed, and not backup?
Good feature, but it wont be for 4.0
I don't consider a discussion closed when the developer simply says something like "Don't do it. ok bye."

On another note, what is the downside of keeping topics open for a while. Sure helps keeping the overall feeling of a board a whole lot friendlier.

I realize you want to spend most of your available time on developing and squashing bugs, and I don't want to suck up more of your time.

If the developer says it has been fixed...what else to say? I focus on a bug, try to fix it ASAP, and when the bug has been fixed, I forget about it forever. Thats my way of doing things, sorry if you dont like it, but it helps me to maintain my forums clean, ordered and let me focus on unfixed bugs.

Thanks for your 2 cents :hello:

If the developer says it has been fixed...what else to say? I focus on a bug, try to fix it ASAP, and when the bug has been fixed, I forget about it forever. Thats my way of doing things, sorry if you dont like it, but it helps me to maintain my forums clean, ordered and let me focus on unfixed bugs.

Thanks for your 2 cents :hello:

I see your point, good way of doing things. Our difference in opinion lies in the fact that I see the board as a discussion medium as well as a bug reporting system. But hey, it's your board! :)

Greetings from the Netherlands!

faachman