Outlook Web Access

ringfinger

I have tried posting this question in the Software Forum and got no response... I guess it should have been here. :wacko: For some reason when I try to reply to an email in Outlook Express Web access, in the subject area where I normally reply I now get a grayed out box with the infamous red x in the top left hand corner. Everything had been fine for over a year when suddenly I could not reply. Any ideas PLEASE?? I need this access for work.

• 2 weeks later...

Hope this helps.

This was my fix:

1. After opening OWA

2. Select the OPTIONS button

3. Scroll down until you find the E-MAIL SECURITY

4. Install (or re-install) the S/MIME update (follow the directions listed there)

5. Now it should work

RedxSolved

Edited by Redsolve

Thanks for your response, under options for me, there is no Email Security. I have Out of Office Assistant, Date and Time Formats, Calendar Options, Reminder Options, Contact Options, Password and Recover Deleted Items. :( I also see no S/MIME anything anywhere. Any other ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm really not sure... I log in under a standard 2000/xp classic logon box with SN/PW and it allows me into my email. Everything is fine untill I begin to reply and like I said I get the red X in the subject area and cannot type. For some reason though, I have found that when using Firefox I can reply! It's weird, Firefox renders the entire inbox and all options differently than standard IE-based browsers. I have a feeling it has something to do with Java, but everything is up to date so I have no idea... at least I can still use Firefox and have everything work.

Edited by ringfinger