Slipstream hotfixes request

PeterGau

I have spent some time trying to get my head around the complicated process of making an XP install disk with all the latest updates.

We have to thank GreenMachine for making XPCREATE that installs the hotfixes according to MS advice and which does not cause problems with WFP.

My understanding now is that XPCREATE uses the svcpack.inf method to integrate the type 1 hotfixes. This means that the hotfixes are not fully integrated into the Windows source until the CD is installed onto the target machine.

Another option is to use the /integrate switch to replace the outdated files in the original XP source disk. This means that the old files are deleted and the install is make with less obsolete junk.

I would like to make a request to GreenMachine to add a switch to the XPCREATE.INI file to allow the user to choose which method is used to integrate the type 1 hotfixes. It seems to me that this would produce a cleaner install without the hotfixes appearing in the Add/Remove programs in the control panel.

Would this be possible and does it make sense?

PG