Two Problems

JohnnyG

Hello members,

First of all I want to thank XPero for such a wonderful program that makes my Windows XP look so much better. Although, I got a few problems with it:

The first one is that I can't open the windows calculator anymore. An error comes saying that the calculator will work improperly because there's something with the shell32 file. It says that the user32.dll has been moved in the memory because the shell32 has changed.

The second problem is when I try to run a setup or install wizard from any cd. It gives me the exact same error as the one above.

Can anyone help me fix these problems please?

Thanks in advance :)

Thanks a lot XPero, but I can't find anything in that link that matches my problem with the calculator or the other one. :huh:

And about the removing resources: Will XPize and its files actually be removed when I put the original Windows resources back?

Hope the Lite version will come out soon :thumbup

I used to meet the caculator problem in XPize 3.0,But it's Work in XPize 3.2.....

Nevertheless,I undergo the setup problem caused by Shell32.dll when I install OFFICE XP,and when I opened the main program of PDFCreator, I suffer the same problem.

It force me to not patch the shell32.dll......Orz

Sorry,my English is not fluent,could anybody realize what I describe?

Edited by wandererm

@wandererm: I have exactly the same problem! I also get the same shell32.dll errror (as when I open calculator) when I run the Office XP setup from the cd. The same error occurs also with the setup of Office 2000 from the disk. Only the setup of Office 2003 from the disk works without problems.

I assume that any other setup from the cd works well except for Office 2000 and XP because I've run setups of other cd's with no problems.

Also I've got another problem with XPize 3.2: When I installed it, everytime when I start up windows and the desktop appears, an error of Norton SystemWorks 2003 appears. The error says that there are settings of Norton that have been changed possibly caused by a hacker or virus. This error didn't occur before I installed XPize.

Edited by JohnnyG