WinXP activation question

ramik

With Windows XP, how many times can a serial be activated?

I usualy reformat windows 3-4 times/year, will activation be blocked with all these activation?

and how safe is the backup of activation dbl file? windows will not know that it was not really activated?

With Windows XP, how many times can a serial be activated?

5 times , then you have to make the call (machine ), you can do that 4 times.....then you have to talk to a human at MS.

I usualy reformat windows 3-4 times/year, will activation be blocked with all these activation?

and how safe is the backup of activation dbl file? windows will not know that it was not really activated?

?

Activation is anonymous, and no personal information is required to activate. The installation ID records an association of the product ID to your computer and a confirmation is sent back to Microsoft. You can then use the product key to install Windows on that computer an unlimited number of times. However, if you want to install Windows on a different computer with that product key, you may have to contact a Microsoft customer service representative.

but my own experience is that you can activate online 5 times and then you have to call

Edited by army20