Autoit & DivX 6.0

Nucleus

$SF_1 = "app.exe"

If WinExists ( $SF_1 ) Then Exit
AutoItWinSetTitle ( $SF_1)
Run('DivXPlay.exe')
WinWait("Language selection","Please select the la")
If Not WinActive("Language selection","Please select the la") Then WinActivate("Language selection","Please select the la")
WinWaitActive("Language selection","Please select the la")
Send("{ENTER}")
WinWait("DivX Play Bundle Setup","© DivXNetworks, Inc.")
If Not WinActive("DivX Play Bundle Setup","© DivXNetworks, Inc.") Then WinActivate("DivX Play Bundle Setup","© DivXNetworks, Inc.")
WinWaitActive("DivX Play Bundle Setup","© DivXNetworks, Inc.")
Send("{ENTER}")
WinWait("DivX Play Bundle Setup ","© DivXNetworks, Inc.")
If Not WinActive("DivX Play Bundle Setup ","© DivXNetworks, Inc.") Then WinActivate("DivX Play Bundle Setup ","© DivXNetworks, Inc.")
WinWaitActive("DivX Play Bundle Setup ","© DivXNetworks, Inc.")
Send("{TAB}{SPACE}{ENTER}{SHIFTDOWN}{+}{SHIFTUP}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{SPACE}{ENTER}")
WinWait("DivX Play Bundle Setup","© DivXNetworks, Inc.")
If Not WinActive("DivX Play Bundle Setup","© DivXNetworks, Inc.") Then WinActivate("DivX Play Bundle Setup","© DivXNetworks, Inc.")
WinWaitActive("DivX Play Bundle Setup","© DivXNetworks, Inc.")
Send("{ENTER}{ENTER}")
WinWait("DivX Play Bundle Setup","Installation Complet")
If Not WinActive("DivX Play Bundle Setup","Installation Complet") Then WinActivate("DivX Play Bundle Setup","Installation Complet")
WinWaitActive("DivX Play Bundle Setup","Installation Complet")
Send("{ENTER}")

This is supposed to install DivXPlay without the "DivX Pro 6 Months Trial" option. The problem is on this line:

Send("{TAB}{SPACE}{ENTER}{SHIFTDOWN}{+}{SHIFTUP}{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{SPACE}{ENTER}")

It is supposed to press SHIFTDOWN and + to expand the list of components, go down 3 times to reach the "DivX Pro 6 Months Trial" option and press SPACE to un-check it. The problem is that everything moves so fast, that instead of expanding the component list, it just un-checks the next item, which is DivX Player.

divx1.JPG

The second problem is, that when i reach this window, i have no way of getting to the "Install the free Google Toolbar" with the keyboard, so that i can remove it . What command should i use there? How do i do it?

divx2.JPG

Thanks.

Edited by Nucleus

Well not big on send key scripts...done by genrators...or really in general. ;)

Any ways some quick clean up...if you do have problems with windows losing focus...write a simple fuction...so that the code doesn't get so unreadable.

If WinExists(@ScriptName) Then Exit
AutoItWinSetTitle(@ScriptName)

Run('DivXPlay.exe')

WinWaitActive("Language selection")
Send("{ENTER}")

WinWaitActive("DivX Play Bundle Setup")
Send("{ENTER}")

WinWaitActive("DivX Play Bundle Setup ")
Send ( "{TAB}{SPACE}{ENTER}{SHIFTDOWN}{+}{SHIFTUP}{DOWN 3}{SPACE}{ENTER}" )

WinWaitActive("DivX Play Bundle Setup")
Send("{ENTER 2}")

WinWaitActive("DivX Play Bundle Setup","Installation Complet")
Send("{ENTER}")

Edited by Nologic

I just tested it. Same thing happens. Instead of expanding the component list, it just un-checks the next item, which is DivX Player.

Also, the google bar still gets installed. Is there a way to avoid this?

This is what I came up with...rather slim on features...but it gets you moving in the right direction....now I did not see the google bar option in the package you linked to....nor did it get installed on my system...so no idea what to say or do about it.

You should how ever be able to use the window spy app that comes with AutoIt to get the control ID...then you can simply controlclick that control to deselect it.

Best of luck...but I'm clueless why yours has it...but my package didn't.

It's very strange really. The only reason why the GoogleToolBar window wouldn't appear, is if it were already installed on your computer.

Is this screenshot helpfull? This is the first time i use this Window Info App.

post-44055-1125052205_thumb.jpg

; Google Toolbar
WinWaitActive ( $Title , "Install the free Google Toolbar" )
ControlClick ( $Title , "" , "Button4" ); Deselect
ControlClick ( $Title , "" , "Button2" ); Next...hopefully

That should work...but thats assuming that $Title will be correct.

Since I can't tell if there is the extra space or not from that screenshot...so it'll ether be:

$Title = "DivX Play Bundle Setup"

or

$Title = "DivX Play Bundle Setup "

Notice the extra trailling space at the end of the title...

Oh gave a little thought to why google may have not been displayed for me...one my default browser is Firefox....second an older version of DivX Pro gets installed on my system by one of the app's I use...so could be ether of those reasons...maybe

Edited by Nologic

• 2 weeks later...
...now I did not see the google bar option in the package you linked to....nor did it get installed on my system...so no idea what to say or do about it.

Best of luck...but I'm clueless why yours has it...but my package didn't.

I was playing with my RunOnceEx and altering the order some programs install.

For a long time I had Firefox as the first program to be installed and DivX the last, this one with an Autoit script.

I never had a problem with google bar, which never appeared.

Then, I changed Firefox to install after DivX and that option to install Google bar showed for the first time, breaking the script.

Then, I put Firefox just before DivX and the Google bar option also showed.

Finally, I put Firefox two or three programs before DivX and the option never came back.

Strange experience, but luckily I associated the appearence of the Google bar option during DivX install and could get around it.