Is it worth it?

i can say that I've noticed quite a difference. Photoshop/Macromedia studio load way quicker in X64, and I have noticed that while many games don't get "higher" FPS, i have noticed that they don't dip as much during action sequences. RTS games seem to have less graphical lag when moving large armies. I've had problems with mounting tools (the only ones i have found only support ISO), but daemon should be releasing v4 which they have stated will have 64 bit compatibility. It's also built on Server 2003 x64 code, so it is a bit more stable. Overall i don't know that i would have paid the full price for it (I got it for free with my 32-bit copy at my school). before you buy, make sure all your hardware has x64 drivers though

Basically if you are using this computer with printers, maybe older ones, cameras, webcams, other various multimedia devices, wireless internet, etc. Then you might not find the drivers you are looking for and getting x64 would be a bad idea.

If you just run the basics and you are using the computer primarily as a workstation and/or gaming rig then I think it would be a good idea.

And to back up ender I have seen benchmarks that show x64 to not bottom out as much as x86 in the fps during intense scenes. And for 64 bit games there is quite a large difference, you can see that about far cry 64 on amd's website.

And also x64 is based on the Server 2003 SP1 codebase, meaning that the operating system itself is very reliable and stable.

Oh almost forgot, this is a good deal and it is where I got mine.

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetai...ductCode=604652

Edited by dale5605

Actually, there's a guy (not sure if he's affilliated with HP or not) offering "pre-beta" drivers for HP printers on PlanetAMD64.com. A lot of people are using them, and I've also tested them on my Deskjet 3650, and they worked. The list the OfficeJet 5500, so it should support your OfficeJet 5510. If you want to find out, there's a 120-day trial of x64 you can download direct from MS.

@Jito463: HP has made a workaround, here is a link...

Sorry the link doesn't work... i'll post it in a forum later...

I swear they had drivers...

:unsure:

Thanks gonna download them later... anyways... is there any performance gain in games and in video editing programs?

@Admins: We need a section in Windows XP 64 Bit Edition for Drivers and Workarounds... Just a suggestion

:thumbup

It would make it easier to find information on drivers and workaround drivers thatg have been found and known to work

:whistle:

Edited by lostincyberspace2007

Thanks gonna download them later... anyways... is there any performance gain in games and in video editing programs?

If they are 64 bit games or 64bit video programs, then yes quite a performance increase.

If they are 32bit then not really. Some 32bit programs run a tad faster on x64, some a tad slower. But overall, performance of 32bit programs on x64 is exactly the same as on x86.