RIS does not work with Nforce3 NIC ?

Lol, it looks like the net IS a village, after all ;)

There are some great sites out there where one can find good information. So I don't find it strange that we meet in both of them.:)

Is that so risky ?

I mean, if well known portals publish them, what is the problem if I put them on my personnal ftp server ?

If you will make it public that you're going to share that RIS driver with the rest of the world, it could perhaps be a problem if nVidia finds out, but in the worst scenario they will ask you to remove that specific driver.
Anyway, I might just point the guy who need them to the right place. If I got lucky while browsing, anybody could... :)

:whistle: You bet!

• 6 months later...

Hi, I have the same Problem at work. I have to set up an RIS Server which provides Flat Images , RIPREP Images and on BArtPE Boot Image. It works on a lot of our Machines. But not on newer ones with nforce 3 or 4 Chipset. Can anybody give me an solution?

Last Chance i could imagine is to boot from an USB PXE NIC the Images. But I´m not sure I can get somthing like that.

Please help!!! :(

The only thing I can see different here is that according to the instructions, they're telling you to copy far more than just the .inf and .sys files of the driver. There's also a couple of .dll files, an .exe and one other misc file.

Perhaps it will work. I've read here before that nForce4 NICs have a MAC address of all zeros by default? If this is the case I really fail to see how the NIC could communicate in any fashion at all until one is programmed in.

EDIT: Just for the heck of it, I'll throw these drivers in with an update of AutoRIS. Who knows, maybe this set from Tyan will do the trick.

Edited by RogueSpear

• 2 months later...

Anyone solved this?

I've followed these instructions from Nvidia:

http://surl.dk/1m0/

Under the i386 folder i've saved the files from the nvris.zip. I've also tried nvriswxp.zip. But the results are the same. The client boots up fine and starts WinPE. Username and password etc. works fine. But the installation stops with the error: No driver for network card or something like that :realmad:

It's driving me phreaking mad! The client has a AsRock K8NF4G-SATA2 motherboard and i've contacted AsRock, but they just don't understand what i'm searching for. They have sent med a DOS/ODI driver :blink:

I'm getting desperate here :no: